Mic used on Mi Tierra? - Gloria Estefan's album w./ Shiela E

... all the messages not related to the above forums have to be posted here: Thanks!

Postby Tonio » Sat Aug 30, 2003 2:30 am

Anybody out there know any details of the recording session?

Just check out the congas on the Mi Tierra. I know she uses Tocas, but da%& the slap on it is great. Itmust be some kinda compressor or porcessor.
anyone that has info on the recording session stand up please.
T
Tonio

Postby RayBoogie » Sat Aug 30, 2003 4:24 am

Tonio, I'm not sure of the mic, but I've seen her perform with Tito Puente a while back. The woman has SKILLLLLZZZZ. Her slap has a really nice pop to it. :D
RayBoogie

Postby Tonio » Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:55 pm

RB, yup she has a good slap tone. CHekc out some of her old stuff w/ George Duke..killer.

T
Tonio

Postby zaragemca » Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:05 pm

I used to have for a few weeks a percussion student, a woman from Oregon I think,When she told me she wants to get in to Congas(which was the first time that a Caucasian woman say that to me,even when I have a lot of them for Djembe))it was odd to me,but when we went down for the first time and I listened the slap,I realized she was on it for real.

Edited By zaragemca on Nov. 13 2003 at 17:19
International Club of Percussionists
zaragemca

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:34 pm

I have taught many women all kinds of women, some have it some don';t, Sheila has it,Carol Steele has it , Myra Casales has it ,Carol Brandy has it,Jody Linscott has it,Sinalbia from the band D'talle has it.. these women can really hit! and there are more of them.....JC JOHNNY CONGA.... ;)
JohnnyConga

Postby Tonio » Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:31 pm

I read an article way back that Carol was running mates with Raul Rekow in their studies.
T
Tonio

Return to Miscellanea