Selling my LP Wood Classic congas

... all the messages not related to the above forums have to be posted here: Thanks!

Postby Firebrand » Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:38 pm

Well, after much thinking, I bought a 3 set of Patato Fiberglass congas (2 congas, and one quinto) from Ebay at $650.00. What a price, huh? I'm only worried that I won't be able to get a nice low tone on one of the Congas, if I tune it low (to substitute for the Tumbadora). Whatever, if I can't get the sound, I'll find a Patato Tumba down the line.

I won't be needing my set of quinto, conga, and Tumba of LP Wood Classic, which were recently hand-picked by Giovanni Hidalgo for a gig I did with him here at the University of Massachusetts. So, you know they got to be good. The only thing is that the Conga has a broken head (so you will have to replace it). The quinto has an Evans Tri-head Skin, and the Tumba has a natural skin with a nice low tone. They are in perfect, playing conditions, and only have some scratches on the wood surface. But, nothing that affects the sound or the durability of the drum. They are dark brown/wine color.

I'm selling my wood set at $850.00 for the set of 3 them. If anyone is interested, please email me at rgb@polsci.umass.edu
Firebrand

Return to Miscellanea