Rockincha RIP - Announcement

... all the messages not related to the above forums have to be posted here: Thanks!

Postby El Sacerdote de la Rumba » Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:32 pm

Que los Dioses lo tengan en la Gloria,

A great Cuban percussionist and friend of many, Rockinchá, died of a heart attack at his Miami home. We can truly say there is another angel among us now. For those who new him, he was an inspiration of love and affection and a great timbales and maracas player, which he carried with him every where he went and chanted of how the Gods spoke to him on a daily basis, sending messages of love. A true Miami icon.

We will all miss our brother Rockinchá!
El Sacerdote de la Rumba

Postby Johnny Conga » Sat Jul 03, 2004 7:02 pm

ROKINCHA,A MIAMI LANDMARK!......I have lost a dear friend and fellow rumbero in Miami. The GREAT Rokincha. Incredible drummer, maraquero,timbalero and all round nice guy. Miami will not be the same with out his tremendous spirit and energy that he brought with him wherever he went. We have lost 2 great musician/rumberos in 2 weeks, Long John Oliva and "Rokincha", I am saddened as I knew them both and can only hope that they are meeting each other and playing together at the big Rumba in the sky.......RIP my Drum Brother.....JC JOHNNY CONGA.....
Johnny Conga

Postby zaragemca » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:48 pm

It could have been of different timing,when I was in Miami and in California I didn't meet neither of this percussionists,but as you said is it sadness when they have to go.
International Club of Percussionists
zaragemca

Return to Miscellanea