HAPPY FESTIVE STUFF! - WORD!

... all the messages not related to the above forums have to be posted here: Thanks!

Postby ABAKUA » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:43 pm

Just wanting to wish y'all a very merry christmas and happy new year and may the new year bring you a plethora of gigs, much health and happiness!

:D

Peace, love and good fortune. :cool:

*continnues to sip the magic happy juice* :p
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby BCongero » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:48 pm

So far on this post I've only heard that too much moisture is bad for the heads. In extremely dry climates like in Colorado there is more of a problem with the heads being too dry. Something very strange happened in this "high desert" known as Colorado. I've got my LP classic Tumba tuned as low as possible mechanically and I have to add water in order to lower the pitch on the drum.

It seemed that this was actually caused by de-tuning. The head just kept getting tighter and tighter and the lugs keep on getting further out. My Matadors that I've had for 7.5 years haven't had that problem. I think it's because I wasn't as de-tune conscious when I was in high school and the heads just had to deal with being a little too tight every now and then. Colorado weather can make things pretty strange for skins.

With the Tumba I'm just going to take the head off and re-wet it and put it back on making sure to leave the lugs at more of a middle position even if the heads are a bit tight.
No cruzado!
BCongero

Postby shortstuf2890 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:54 pm

http://www.trialclix.com/index.asp?refID=87840-sign up- it has an ebay offer- no credit card number needed it sign up :D
shortstuf2890

Return to Miscellanea