NEW RHYTHMS - FIND NEW RHYTHMS

... all the messages not related to the above forums have to be posted here: Thanks!

Postby HECTOR ECHEVERRIA » Sun Apr 13, 2003 8:28 pm

HI...JONNY I PLAY CONGAS FOR A FEW TIME BUT A WANT TO LEARN RHYTHMS OR EXERCICES LIKE FUNK OR JAZZ BUT IS TO HARD FIND SOME INFORMATION OF THIS CAN YOU HEL ME ??????hector_echeverria@canadianftp.com
HECTOR ECHEVERRIA

Postby JohnnyConga » Mon Apr 14, 2003 2:45 pm

Hello Hector ...Hector can you play Latin rhythms yet? For funk and jazz you would have to listen to people like Marvin Gaye's album "What's goin on?" good conga parts there.Ray Barretto's "Acid" album for funk rhythms. Try those 2 out first and let me know what you think. There aren't any videos yet on those type of rhythms for conga..Hope this helps...At your Service...JC JOHNNY CONGA... ;)
JohnnyConga

Postby door » Tue Apr 29, 2003 11:58 am

I have had a great tip from Nippy noya,:
just follow the melodie. take some accents from the first bar in the melody, and loop them... make with these accents a own figure and repeat it whole the song. then you can play in every song an other thing...an own creation.

listen to ralph mcdonald
or sammy figuerroa (let's dance -david Bowie)
less is more
door

Postby indioconga » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:40 pm

Guest wrote:HI...JONNY I PLAY CONGAS FOR A FEW TIME BUT A WANT TO LEARN RHYTHMS OR EXERCICES LIKE FUNK OR JAZZ BUT IS TO HARD FIND SOME INFORMATION OF THIS CAN YOU HEL ME ??????hector_echeverria@canadianftp.com

Funk... Jazz....conga playing? Have you tried Poncho Sanchez. He has audio cd's and alesson book , "Conga Cookbook". Check it out! Also, try Ritchie Gajate-Garcia's lesson book " Play Congas now", it comes with audio cd's and coves a lot of rudiments, rhythms, and a section on "pop,rock,r&b, and funk""...try it and see. It could be helpful.
Another thing, listen to Santana's latest.
Did this help you?
indioconga

Attachment: http://mycongaplace.com/forum/eng/uploa ... anchez.jpg
Arriba Lo Nuestro
indioconga

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:19 pm

Sorry but Poncho don't play no funk congas....when he sings somebody else plays the congas...his book I have no idea about, except that my man Chuck Silverman helped him put it together...it is probably ok for beginners....my 2 congas.."JC" Johnny Conga....... :D
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:29 pm

Here is a typical funk pattern.......

1+ 2 3e ad 4..to be read as ...One and 2-3e anda4
TT S TT TT S
R L R RL LR R...try this pattern and tell me what u think T is for Tone S for Slap

"JC" Johnny Conga....... :D
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:35 pm

OR

1 + 2 + 3eand 4
T T S T T T T S
R L R R L R L R......"JC" Johnny Conga....
:D
JohnnyConga

Postby onile » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:48 pm

Alafia Abures!
What's Up JC!

I just found on another posting JC, where you had supplied the Marvin Gaye pattern to What's Going On, (not that Marvin Gaye played the conga part mind you), but that could be a good one to show here again.

In either case, I've caught myself doing as Door pointed out in his post, take parts of the melody and loop them, this way you know it fits and feels natural to what's going on around you!

Suave!
Onile!

Edited By onile on 1128626496
Que Nsambi les acutare pa' siempre!
onile

Postby rumbaman » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:50 pm

Hy gentalmen how you guys doin' . Bottom line you got to spend the money on some kind of instruction . It will be enlightening to you believe me . Look for a good instructor in your area . Thats my two cents . He will teach you funk , rumba and all the rudiments and then you can mess around with them and see what you like.

rumbaman :D
rumbaman

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:07 pm

Does anybody know why I can't download and MP3 ?...cause I sure don't...what am I doing wrong?????...um...."JC" Johnny Conga... :(
JohnnyConga

Postby onile » Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:31 pm

Vaya JC!
I hope that you are well my friend!

Listen, it could very well be the software that your computer has may be outdated. Sometimes however, when a "glitch" like that happens to me, I "reboot" my system and it fixes whatever the problem is. Also, if your computer has a "firewall" (which is vital to the safety of your computer), that could sometimes block certain files from being downloaded. If this is the case, you should be able to "allow" those particular files to be downloaded individually, I know this because I had been downloading like a madman.....'till they took WinMx off line. :(

And then again.....................I could just be totally off base with this. :p :D

Either way, I hope that you fix the problem, I know how crazy I get when I can't do what I want with it! :angry:

Suave!
Onile!

Edited By onile on 1132421612
Que Nsambi les acutare pa' siempre!
onile

Return to Miscellanea