Wierd compilation of a music twist ! - We did this wierd instrumental thing.

... all the messages not related to the above forums have to be posted here: Thanks!

Postby Bataboom » Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:23 am

See if you can follow me here,
After our church band wines down the end of service we usually play a smooth mellow sometimes slow sometimes fast instrumental number, well tonight the keyboard player started this number off he said he made it for his little boy just messing around and it seemed to fast so he slowed it down and it kinda sounded like "Saturday in the park" by chicago, well at the tempo he was playing it in and me being on congas I started playing a tumbao rhythm to it then the drummer chimed in and so did the bass player and the guitarist. After we all had started doin our thing it really sounded cool...... A brother walks by and starts singing some spanish stuff, if he knew what he was saying or if he was even saying any real spanish words was beyond me lol but it sounded groovy lol

So the end result was we had a mixture of a few different tunes and different styles going and it blended quite well, the brother walking by picked up on the tumbao rhythm cause he started singing oye como va, I found that really amusing and I really liked what we had stumbled onto and hope we playing it more and get it sounding even better that was a twist to what we usually do and it added some spice to the ending of the evening which was great!
Bataboom

Postby zaragemca » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:02 pm

Greeting,the singer might have listened some structural Guajira/Cha cha cha, rhythms for which he started singing that song.Dr. Zaragemca
International Club of Percussionists
zaragemca

Postby hufos » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:21 pm

heh. now you are making me think of early Ry Cooder stuff...he was great for taking all sorts of different instruments and putting them together, like a tuba, accordian, dobro, mandolin, bass drum and tabla.

what was wild was the combos always work...and are great.
hufos

Return to Miscellanea