2nd Denton ISD Summer Percussion Camp - Clinic review!

... all the messages not related to the above forums have to be posted here: Thanks!

Postby tamboricua » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:38 pm

Hi Congaforum,

Attached is a link to a review of a percussion clinic I presented recently for the 2nd Denton ISD Summer Percussion Camp.

Clinic review

Saludos,

Jorge Ginorio

Edited By tamboricua on 1154461260
tamboricua

Postby onile » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:31 pm

Alafia Abure Tamboricua!
Espero que todo este bien contigo y la familia Papa!

Congratulations on such a wonderful and meaningful event! For the last three years, I've been called on to do a percussion workshop for a local Girl Scouts group out here, all inner-City kids that otherwise would not have an opportunity to participate. The workshop is free and so is my time.

Back to you, I know that you get a great fullfillment from teaching those kids, I can see it in your pictures. It's great to see that you bring such joy and fun to their lives through your musical talents mi pana!

Felicidades!

Keep up the wonderful work Tamboricua! the kids and all of us need to have that in our lives!

La bendicion Papa!

Onile!
Que Nsambi les acutare pa' siempre!
onile

Postby tamboricua » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:21 pm

onile wrote:Alafia Abure Tamboricua!
Espero que todo este bien contigo y la familia Papa!

Congratulations on such a wonderful and meaningful event! For the last three years, I've been called on to do a percussion workshop for a local Girl Scouts group out here, all inner-City kids that otherwise would not have an opportunity to participate. The workshop is free and so is my time.

Back to you, I know that you get a great fullfillment from teaching those kids, I can see it in your pictures. It's great to see that you bring such joy and fun to their lives through your musical talents mi pana!

Felicidades!

Keep up the wonderful work Tamboricua! the kids and all of us need to have that in our lives!

La bendicion Papa!

Onile!

Abure Onile,

Saludos campeon! Como esta todo?

Thanks for your kinds words. Indeed, it's a great fullfillment to "pass the torch" to those kids. This is the 2nd year in a row that I presented for them, and in their own words it's the highlight of the camp.

Congratulations to you too and let's keep it up!

Un abrazo,

Jorge Ginorio
tamboricua

Postby ABAKUA » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:21 pm

Fantastic stuff Jorge! :cool:

Im in the middle of preparing a workshop/demonstration/clinic and lecture on Afro Cuban percussion at Sydney University in the next few months, but working with kids is awesome, you see the light in their eyes and you know you have given them something very special, who knows if you are the one who influences them to become the next Giovanni! :cool:

Great work Jorge.
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby tamboricua » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:07 am

ABAKUA wrote:Fantastic stuff Jorge! :cool:

Im in the middle of preparing a workshop/demonstration/clinic and lecture on Afro Cuban percussion at Sydney University in the next few months, but working with kids is awesome, you see the light in their eyes and you know you have given them something very special, who knows if you are the one who influences them to become the next Giovanni! :cool:

Great work Jorge.

Abakua,

Saludos mi hermano! Thanks for your kind words. I know what you meaned by the light in their eyes. You can feel that burning desire and eager to learn in them.

Whishing you all the best on your upcoming workshop and all musical endeavors.

Un abrazo,

Jorge Ginorio

Edited By tamboricua on 1154567837
tamboricua

Return to Miscellanea