Zaragemca's on Drum Set

... all the messages not related to the above forums have to be posted here: Thanks!

Postby zaragenca » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:58 am

I would like to point out something in relation to the drum/ sound,the characteristic of the sound would depend on several situations, the type of wood,(becouse some expecifics wood/fibers absorve some frequencies...but also it would depend on the shells,(becouse a thicker shell /wood, would restrict more the vibration of the sound/wave which have to develop inside the body),..The diameter of the drum would give more opportunity for the low/wave sound to develop if the body is bigger...The type of external components, (tigh up to the shells), would damper,or facilitate the reproduction of the sound/wave...The type of head/drum could modify the interaction of the wave/sound frequencies in the drums...The tuning modify the wave/sound of the drums...The type of drums/sticks would modify the sound of drums...In recording or gigs,the type of microphone would facilitate what frequency you are trying to get from the drums,(you could hear something in the stage which is going to be different than what the people are going to hear in the audience...The type of environment of the place,(glass,wood,carpet,metals,altitud,),is going to interact with the development of the sound/wave....And the equalization, or, software which you could use to process the sound/wave,could modify all of the above.Dr. Zaragemca
International Club of Percussionists
zaragenca

Postby Garvin » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:22 pm

Yeah.... And?
Garvin

Postby OLSONGO » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:04 pm

Z, So what are you saying? any one who has been in this business long enough knows all of that. And if you are trying to paint the perfect scenario for the drum, that will never happen as we know , because places and things are never the same and changes are always taking place; even all recording studios are different in their own way.

Paz Olsongo
OLSONGO

Postby ABAKUA » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:32 pm

???

What is the reason behind this thread? Did someone ask for your opinion on recording/replicating a particular drum sound?

I agree with OLSONGO though, the post is anything any experienced musician knows.
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby zaragenca » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:37 pm

Well the answer is related to a question which was asked in another forum and I brought it here to share...Bother Olsongo if you do not understand something ask the question,by what you are saying in your post you are lost.Dr. Zaragemca
International Club of Percussionists
zaragenca

Postby Garvin » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:42 am

If you transplant questions, you should give some context I guess because no one knows why you brought this up. I guess it begs us to ask what the question was in the first place. Why was this brought up in another forum? How can this help us all?

Thanks...
Garvin

Return to Miscellanea