Papi Cadavieco

... all the messages not related to the above forums have to be posted here: Thanks!

Postby tamboricua » Wed Dec 12, 2001 1:23 am

Hi list, hope all is well!

Does anyone has info about tumbador, Papi Cadavieco?

I'm aware he did play for Tito Puente in the early 60's. "Changuito" credits him as one of his main influences.

Saludos, Jorge Ginorio

Edited By tamboricua on 1194476850
tamboricua

Postby ralph » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:36 pm

Papi Cadavieco is on the Patato Y Totico album...while his is a known tumbador he was more a singer or corista (at least that is what he was doing on this particulare recording) that I know of he had a brother...One or two of the Cadavieco's are now deceased I don't know which one, that I will have to confirm...but yes he goes way back...
ralph

Postby tamboricua » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:08 pm

ralph wrote:Papi Cadavieco is on the Patato Y Totico album...while his is a known tumbador he was more a singer or corista (at least that is what he was doing on this particulare recording) that I know of he had a brother...One or two of the Cadavieco's are now deceased I don't know which one, that I will have to confirm...but yes he goes way back...

Vaya Ralph,

Thanks a lot for the info, it's very much appreciated...

Saludos,

Jorge Ginorio
tamboricua

Postby Omelenko » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:01 am

Papi and Mario Cadavieco, two percussionist brothers. Papi played conga with Tito in the mid to late 60's, Johnny "Dandy" Rodriguez credits Papi for developing his technique on bongo',particularly on using the hembra more and not being so busy on the macho. Both Cadaviecos played locally here in Miami throughout the 70's with Conjunto Universal and Jovenes Del Hierro. I've heard one of them has passed away, it may be Mario. They both were old school Cuban rumberos, but "blanquitos", they looked Spaniards (Gallegos), very refined looking Cubans, but with Africa in the heart (ibiano).
Saludos, Dario :D
Omelenko

Postby Omelenko » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:28 am

Attached is a photo of TP Orch. in the 60's. Papi Cadavieco is behind the Vergara (Cuban) tumbadora, TP is on timbs and Dandy Rod. is next to Papy. Dandy was about 16 at the time.
Dario :D

Attachment: http://mycongaplace.com/forum/eng/uploa ... P_Orch.jpg
Omelenko

Postby ralph » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:35 pm

another Papi Cadavieco pic, courtesy of Martin Cohen...

Attachment: http://mycongaplace.com/forum/eng/uploa ... _004_2.jpg
ralph

Return to Miscellanea