visiting NY in July

... all the messages not related to the above forums have to be posted here: Thanks!

visiting NY in July

Postby Thomas Altmann » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:05 pm

I will be in New York this July (2009) for 3 or 4 weeks, basically accompanying my girlfriend who wants to see the tap dance festival and take some classes. I would love to meet people from this group during that time, talk a bit, play a little, exchange infos and ideas, or just hang out somewhere. It will be the first time for me to visit the city. Whoever wants to see me there, please PM me his/her telephone number.

See you (hopefully),

Thomas
Thomas Altmann

Re: visiting NY in July

Postby vinnieL » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:56 am

You should make it a point to go to JCR and visit the shop maybe pick up a bell or 2.
vinnieL

Postby Thomas Altmann » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:39 am

Great idea, Vinnie. Thanks. I'd probably rather check out those mule skins. I just have to make sure I can import them to Germany (regulations for protection against animal deseases). Maybe Isaac has experience with this?

Thomas

P.S. - Vinnie: Have you ever met my old buddy Goetz Kujack from Bremen, Germany? He is a drummer and percussionist who had studied at the North Texas State University in Denton and is living in Ft. Lauderdale for several years now. -TA
Thomas Altmann

Postby Roka » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:21 am

Thomas Altmann wrote:I'd probably rather check out those mule skins. I just have to make sure I can import them to Germany (regulations for protection against animal deseases). Maybe Isaac has experience with this?

Thomas, I have got few mule skins from Isaac some time ago and there were no problems with customs. I just told it's drum parts and they didn't ask me if it's factory produced, or is it raw material, etc, but I payed some custom fees.
Roka

Postby Thomas Altmann » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:19 pm

Thanks, Roka! It might be best for me to go to the customs office and simply ask ...

Thomas
Thomas Altmann

Return to Miscellanea