Great live tune!! Habana con Kola - Vente Negra

... all the messages not related to the above forums have to be posted here: Thanks!

Great live tune!! Habana con Kola - Vente Negra

Postby Garvin » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:14 pm

My wife just emailed this tune to me, telling me that she wishes I could sing like this (so do I). It's a beautiful song, but I think the conguero is also playing a very instructive role for us on the forum as well. He's pulling triple duty by playing a conga, bells, and bongo setup (and clave with his foot I believe). This is a "how-to" video for percussionists in this kind of setting who wonder which parts to play and which to omit. Of course it's a very personal preference, but I think this is just perfectly tasteful playing... Plus, I dug up the lyrics online, and maybe will try to surprise my lady one of these days.

Here's the tune... http://youtu.be/vmLs_thvPNg
Garvin

Re: Great live tune!! Habana con Kola - Vente Negra

Postby Hawker » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:27 pm

Thanks...I liked that.
Hawker

Postby KING CONGA » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:45 am

That was nice Garvin thanks.
KING CONGA

Postby helhan » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:50 am

this is a really great tune to listen to. i love how instruments can be played together and sound so beautiful. i do hope i can play one of those instruments one day. i am not much of a singer but i do like playing instruments and i am a fast learner at that so i am usually one of those guys on the background but i love what i am doing and i can pretty much impress girls with my talent even though im the instrument guy. :)
helhan

Return to Miscellanea