Hot Hot Hot.... Edwin Bonilla - cd recommendation.... and a question

Let's talk about what can be found around that worth having..

Postby benbaboon » Thu Apr 18, 2002 11:05 pm

Hi All,
I recently purchased Edwin Bonilla's "Soy La Candela" after catching a hot track on the radio.
Salsa music in traditional instrumentation plus flute and violin.
He is smokin' on quite a few tracks.... well worth the $14.

Is anyone familiar with this album and also with his 1999 release "Edwin y su son"? Is that one just as hot?
thanks,
-bb
benbaboon

Postby Johnny Conga » Sun Apr 21, 2002 5:27 pm

:D Anything by Edwin is gonna be good. I had the pleasure of him in my band for about 3 years before gloria estefan snatched him up. He takes a great timbales solo on my CD on a tune called "JC's Revenge". He is a great friend and a beautiful cat to play with. He lives here in Miami with his wife and family. Emilio keeps him busy beside sitting in with other bands....JC JOHNNY CONGA...... :)
Johnny Conga

Postby Johnny Conga » Sun Apr 21, 2002 5:29 pm

Since when was I a newbie..? Been her for almost 2 years.....Is anybody watching?.......Peace......JC JOHNNY CONGA....
Johnny Conga

Postby CongaMan » Thu May 16, 2002 12:01 am

Hi JC!
I found the reason! If you go to search for yourself into the Members List of the forum you will see two JC:

Johnny Conga - Member since July 2001 - 11 posts and NEWBIE

JohnnyConga since Oct. 2001 - 158 posts and OFFICIAL MEMBER

The difference is the space between Jhonny and Conga... so you have two accounts (when you had some problem to log-in to the old forum you made a second registration which is still alive).
Tell me which one you want to use from now on and I will sum the posts to that one and change the password to the one you don't want to use (I don't want to delete the member because i don't know what's going to happen to the forum you started)...

Let me know!
Bye for now :D
CongaMan
Site Admin

Return to Books, Videos, CD and other stuff