hand positioning - good web sites

Let's talk about what can be found around that worth having..

Postby expresso bongo » Fri Feb 01, 2002 4:12 pm

Can some one give me a good web site on hand positioning for congas and bongos.
cheers.
expresso bongo.
expresso bongo

Postby Bongo Boy » Tue Mar 05, 2002 8:17 pm

You may find what you're looking for at http://www.drumlesson.com, which includes online multi-media courseware I found helpful for bongo. Courses are something like $6-9 USD, and can be accessed with no constraints for, I think, 60 days. Includes transcribed rhythms, video clip of the player (from over the shoulder for bongo) and audio. I use RealPlayer.

If this site and drumlesson.com merged I think we'd have truly the ultimate online resource.
Bongo Boy

Postby timo » Tue Mar 05, 2002 8:34 pm

there are some in congaplace.com , also try drumsdatabase.com , they have exelent links to nearly everything you can think of in drumming ( over 400), not enough hand drumming, thought.
AXÉ

timo
timo

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Mar 20, 2002 2:26 am

:D Better yet why not pick up the "Kalani" how to play Bongo" video. He also has one for congas. He is very informative and educational. And there is the Bobby Sanabria videos also. You can get these at Descarga.com. At your service ....JC JOHNNY CONGA.... :D
JohnnyConga

Postby Bongo Boy » Fri Mar 22, 2002 4:29 am

The Kalani videos are what you get at drumlesson.com. The online lessons are actually the "meat" from those very videos you mention, Johnny.

What would be the best, to me, would be getting the videos on DVD instead of VHS. It would be wonderful if folks would start producing them that way.
Bongo Boy

Postby JohnnyConga » Mon May 27, 2002 9:26 pm

Oyelo Bongo Boy...You want technology ,or do you want to learn how to play?.Video or DVD, what is the difference.? It's taking the knowledge from the info given, not how good it looks or sounds...Right??? c,mon now......JC JOHNNY CONGA....PS ...where do u live maybe I can hook you up with a Teacher, if your ready.....
JohnnyConga

Return to Books, Videos, CD and other stuff