Tab program for percussion

Let's talk about what can be found around that worth having..

Postby Colacao » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:42 am

Hi amigos,

I'm looking for a Tablature editor Program for percussion with good symbols and easy to use. I'm new in this...so, I eard about Final, but...I need suggestions.

Colacao

Postby Colacao » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:33 am

Hi,

Here you have explanations about Finale. It's seems to me good but expensive.

http://www.sfu.ca/sca/Manuals/Finale/Percussion.html#ChangeNoteheads

:cool:
Colacao

Postby franc » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:29 pm

colacao,
if you find one less expensive than finale, please let me know ok. i'm also in look for a percussion program. i'm at the high intermediate level . my best to you!! your friend, franc :)
ibúkún,ire,
Franc ♪♪
franc

Postby Colacao » Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:36 am

Hi amigo Franc,

If I find a valid program for percussions, I tell you.

I'm new in program notation, but I play percussion 15 years, specially drumset and maybe 5 or 6 years ago I focus on congas...I always feel like a new in this big world of percussion.

my best to you Franc
Colacao

Postby akdom » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:45 pm

Expensive?

Nothing is expensive when you have it for free anywhere on the web.
I guess you guys know percussion studio.
Zunzun just gave me musicedit and finale notepad.

See ya

B
akdom

Postby Colacao » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:39 am

Yes Akdom,

I'm going to try this 2 free soft.

I hope to send some patterns ideas soon.

Thanks
:O :D
Colacao

Postby Salseroberlinense » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:08 pm

Finale seems good to me for melody instruments, I could not find how to use it for hand percussion. How do you make different strokes? Percussion studio seems good to me, but you have to pay 25$ to save files, and the notation is non-standard. MusicEdit does not seem to have the power of either of the two others and I cannot find anything for percussion.

Edited By Salseroberlinense on 1144842959
Salseroberlinense

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:39 pm

Hey guys I am giving lessons over the phone and via webcam, if you would like to try and hook up with me email me at johnnyconga@hotmail.com and lets see if we can do this..."JC" Johnny Conga.... :D
JohnnyConga

Postby akdom » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:02 pm

Hi Salseroberlinense, hi everyone,

You just use the different hights of the score to differenciate the stroke. For example, bass can be low on the score, tons in the middle, slaps on top etc...

Now, 25 dollars for a software with which you can write, compose, play, write in real time, make repetitions, loops, put accents, change speed while listening and include acceleration to your composition, edit your own signes for your notation, have access to a s##t load of instruments, create your own instruments,generates really amazingly light , hence easy sharing files (other forums use percussion studio as their official file sharing/posting software), have access to hundreds of rhythms, share your rhythms, convert the files into wave etc.......... doesn't seem to be too much.;)

Now, I have been using my own way to write for over 15 years now. I also use templates on powerpoint and I just need to type in what I want.
This is also very handy for classes since you can print them.

But, if there is a good soft out there, I would be glad to check it out.

See ya

B
akdom

Postby Salseroberlinense » Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:16 am

I would be willing to pay the 25$ if the percussion studio allowed standard notation. In my eyes it is way better for bongos/congas then finale as the different strokes are already programmed with different heads for the notes and sound. I wrote an email to the creator but he replied standard notification is not possible. In the meantime I found another programm, TablEdit, which seems interesting to me, but I still have to figure out how to use it the way I want.
JohnnyConga, thank you very much for the information, but I do not quite see in how far you can assume that this contributes constructively to this discussion. We are looking for notation software here, if you can help with this you are welcome to do so.

Edited By Salseroberlinense on 1144536196
Salseroberlinense

Postby JohnnyConga » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:37 am

Sorry wrong topic....."JC" Johnny Conga...
JohnnyConga

Postby Salseroberlinense » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:05 pm

Percussion studio is amazing, I really like it. There are two forums where people exchange their files, http://percussions.org/forum/forum8.php
http://www.henrykellner.com/Percuss....p?new=1
I like capella best for normal notation, but I have not yet found how to make it play bongo sounds.
Salseroberlinense

Postby Salseroberlinense » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:51 am

Henry Kellner who programmed percussion studio sent me the code for reading the files. Hans-Ulrich Werner of capella wrote their format CapXML is an open standard described in the manual, and there already is a converter to MusicXML. Anyone here who could use this to convert the percussion studio files for software like capella using normal notation?

Edited By Salseroberlinense on 1194129081
Salseroberlinense

Return to Books, Videos, CD and other stuff