VACUNAO - Los Muñequitos de Matanzas

Let's talk about what can be found around that worth having..

Postby afrocubarico » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:16 am

Congueros,
Just finished listening to Ese Señor from the album, Vacunao, by Muñequitos. In my opinion, all of the tracks in this album are pure rumba magic! However, the quinto licks on this particular track, Ese Señor, are pure ecstasy. Anyone else out there feel me on this one?

Another track I'm seriously diggin is Saludo a Nueva York. Their tribute to my 'tierra', NYC.

I have most of the Muñequitos albums but I think Vacunao really etched its way to the top, for me.

afrocubarico
One slap at a time...
afrocubarico

Postby ralph » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:29 pm

afrocubarico wrote:Congueros,
Just finished listening to Ese Señor from the album, Vacunao, by Muñequitos. In my opinion, all of the tracks in this album are pure rumba magic! However, the quinto licks on this particular track, Ese Señor, are pure ecstasy. Anyone else out there feel me on this one?

Another track I'm seriously diggin is Saludo a Nueva York. Their tribute to my 'tierra', NYC.

I have most of the Muñequitos albums but I think Vacunao really etched its way to the top, for me.

afrocubarico

i agree "Ese Senor", i especially like the singing...
ralph

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:57 pm

Yo Afrocubarico ..do u know my main man in the Bronx "Russian Willie"? He does the toques with Totico's group of "tamboleros"....I gave him his first drum and taught him how to play.. Here he is with Zon del Barrio...he doesn't work with them anymore...."JC" Johnny Conga... :D

Attachment: http://mycongaplace.com/forum/eng/uploa ... bshot.jpeg
JohnnyConga

Postby afrocubarico » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:26 pm

JC,
No, I don't know Russian Willie. Can you tell me a little about him and how can I get in touch with him? Gracias.

afrocubarico
One slap at a time...
afrocubarico

Postby Johnny Conga » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:19 pm

Well Willie works with different bands in the Bronx and is in "Totico's" folklore group doing toques and bembes around the city....u can reach him at [email]Rumbero23@hotmail.com...tell[/email] him u spoke with me....don't go half steppin with him either, he don't play like that....if u come, come serious....peace..."JC" Johnny Conga... :D
Johnny Conga

Postby afrocubarico » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:59 am

Baya J.C.
Good lookin out.

afrocubarico
One slap at a time...
afrocubarico

Return to Books, Videos, CD and other stuff