Percussion studio for mac equivalent

Let's talk about what can be found around that worth having..

Percussion studio for mac equivalent

Postby akdom » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:04 am

Hi there

I am desperately trying to find a stand alone soft capable to create percussion tracks in wave or midi format.

I was used to percussion studio on windows, but I shifted to MAC and there are tons of plug ins but no stand alone softs (that I know of).

Is there anyone with experience in patterns creation for latin music on mac?

Thanks

D
akdom

Re: Percussion studio for mac equivalent

Postby Anton47 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:16 am

Good morning all.

What do you folks think of the general quality improvements with Finale 2011b over previous version?

I updated from Finale 2008 to 2011b last month, expecting improvement in the frequency of buggy playback behavior. I am disappointed. Finale is an incredible piece of software and I am still amazed at how much time it saves (I'm a composer from the days of calligraphy, transparencies, blue pencil, Leroy Lettering Guides, Ozlid machines, ammonia, Cameo Music Papers, and the hours of score and part preparation at all hours). But just as a door-ding on a $75K Jaguar will damage the experience, Finale ignoring ff in the climax of my score causes a similar amount of helpless frustration! Granted, I am not providing any details of my current set of issues on my score, so I don’t expect much help as a result of this post. I am just curious if you folks are finding that unexplained behavior on playback is better, the same, or worse with 2011b. TGIF
Anton47

Re: Percussion studio for mac equivalent

Postby Derbeno » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:35 am

Hey Akdom,
I use percussion studio on my Mac forever with no problems.
You first need to install Crossover from there it will recognize when you are installing a windows program and it will automatically open up and run he application. It does everything I was able to do when I had it on a PC many years ago. The Crossover application cost $4.95 and you can port your percussion studio registration code across.

Check out how Crossover works on youtube
Echale candela, p'afinar los cueros
Derbeno

Return to Books, Videos, CD and other stuff