WANTED:Latin Percussio-Posters/Promo Material e.t.c.

Let's talk about what can be found around that worth having..

WANTED:Latin Percussio-Posters/Promo Material e.t.c.

Postby norskdrum » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:30 am

:?: Hello Everyone,
I do not think I have ever posted so much on any forum...shows how much I am enjoying the Congaplace!
On this occasion I just wish to ask fellow members if they know where I can Obtain Posters,and other promo material ALL related to latin percussion :?: I have tried the likes of All Posters & Drum Bum e.t.c. even contacted all the main percussion Companies Toca/Tycoon/Meinl/LP e.t.c. but only the kind folk at Tycoon bothered to reply and then arranged for a printed catalogue to be sent from Thailand.none of the others even replied :(

So if anyone as anything they maybe willing to sell? or links to any material from banners to stickers please let me know,I would be very obliged.Need a few nice items to decorate the room which is being refurbished for me

all the best Steve :mrgreen:
norskdrum

Re: WANTED:Latin Percussio-Posters/Promo Material e.t.c.

Postby Mr. Conga » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:43 am

Hello! and welcome :D , i have also been lookig for the sme, although just window shopping, for future purchase, looking for salsa history posters and i found this, that you can frame and decorate a music room, if you like them, i have also wanted to put upautograph stuff, and i liked the wiillie colon, hector lavoe poster, and willie colon is stillalive, and well, and is a really nice down to earth person that could still sign that poster, for room decoration.

Keep me posted if you find other sources too...i hope this helps.

http://www.fania.com/content/fania-all- ... g-poster-0
http://www.fania.com/content/our-latin- ... ary-bundle

http://www.fania.com/content/willie-col ... ays-poster

awasome poster;
http://www.fania.com/content/poster-fania-all-stars

http://www.fania.com/content/fania-poster

i really have no idea why that last fania poster is so expensive, if it a reprint...
Mr. Conga

Postby norskdrum » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:44 am

:mrgreen: Good day to You Mr Conga,
Really excited by your reply,must thank you for sharing the details of Fania..I have checked out the Fania site and found some real gems ,when I can afford to buy them.

The Poster of willie colon really does not appeal how I wish their was one with him and others in musical settings :roll:
I love the idea of Autographed Posters /Photographs e.t.c. would love to get hold of someone like Giovanni Hidalgo and some of them on my list(timbales greats) elsewhere on the forum.

and I sure will let you know when I find anything of interest

all the best Steve :D
norskdrum

Postby norskdrum » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:51 pm

:DHi Again Mr Conga

I have now spent several hours just studying the Fania site and some of the many artists which it contains.
If i continue at this pace for much longer,i may just short~circuit :shock: I am absorbing so much imformation in a realatively short time..
I have already purchased a couple of cds and a great source of music of all kinds is SPOTIFY.com :mrgreen: check it out plenty of latin tunes..and the great thing is you can make your own playlists...and listen for free with occasional advertising which pays the artists you can also subscribe to premium services if you wish to have higher quality bit rate/NO ADDS!/ e.t.c.
I have had Spotify now for a few years and it really is fantastic.I have no connection with the company other than that of a happy listener..I already have several latin Playlists...

I would love to geta few autographs..including willie Colon e.t.c. how can I do this I do not wish to bother these folk...

all the best Steve
norskdrum

Postby Mr. Conga » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:29 am

check out OJCORREA.COM AND GO TO HIS SHOP SECTION, HE IS AN ARTIST FROM PUERTO RICO, THAT PAINTS JAZZ MUSICIANS, AND FAMOUS PERCUSSIONIST, SUCH AS TITO PUENTE, RAY BARRETO, GIOVANNIE HIDALGO, PONCHO SANCHEZ,
HE IS REALLY GOOD, DOES PAINTINGS IN ACRILIC PAINT, AND THEN USES A TORCH FLAME METHOD, TO GIVE THE PAINTING A VERY UNIC STYLE, IT LOOKS LIKE THE PAINTING COME ALIVE, OR IT HAS MOVEMENT.

HE HA PRINTS, AT A VERY AFFORDABLE PRICE, TO BE USED AS ROOM DECORATION, OR YOU CAN HAVE HIM DO A CUSTOM PAINTING OF A SPECIFIC, CONGERO, OR MUSICIAN.
INQUIRE HIM FOR PRICES, CONTACT HIME, HE IS AN ARTESANO, CAN DO COSTUM OIECES.

LET ME KNOW WHAT U THINK, OR IF YOU PICK SOMETHING UP :D
Attachments
11-TitoPuentes.jpg
TITO PUENTE IS ON FIRE PLAYING SO GOOD HE COUGHT FIRE ON THE TIMBALES
hector_lavoe_posters.jpg
TITO636005v0_480x480_Front.jpg
Mr. Conga

Postby Mr. Conga » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:33 am

BRO, please take pictures of the room you are decorating, with latin music memorabilia, and posters pleae!

any one wanna post pictures of their latin music room decorated room>>????!!!! :D

PLEASE DO!
Mr. Conga

Postby norskdrum » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:50 am

:mrgreen: many thank to you
really appreciate it

all the best Steve :D
norskdrum

Return to Books, Videos, CD and other stuff