3 bata at same time

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Postby niallgregory » Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:06 pm

can anyone point me in the right direction for transcriptions of bata toques for 3 drums played by one person.It would be greatly appreciated.Cheers.Niall.
niall gregory
niallgregory

Postby Laurent Lamy » Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:25 am

I play the melody and I keep the chacha on itotele and more of the other chacha when I can !
Bill Summers tells me he 's actualy write a book about the art of three batas playing by only one person.

Edited By Laurent Lamy on 1076153264
Laurent Lamy

Postby niallgregory » Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:52 pm

thanks.Are these books available.What bata books do you know of,have the amira one.Cheers.
niall gregory
niallgregory

Postby Laurent Lamy » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:23 pm

No, these books are not available...
Laurent Lamy

Postby Johnny Conga » Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:04 pm

Bill Summers book is available. It costs $60.oo. Try BillSummers.com. He covers the history, the lineage, all of the Ibodu's, and more, from what I was told. John Amira's book is also available. It has transriptions in it also. I have that one. At your Service...JC JOHNNY CONGA...
Johnny Conga

Postby Laurent Lamy » Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:27 pm

Very funny, BillSummers.com is about car sailing.
Laurent Lamy

Postby Johnny Conga » Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:23 pm

Sorry Laurant...I thought you could find him that way. Oh well I guess just go into Search and you will find him. His book is available for $60 american dollars. John Amira's book is also available on Ebay....JC JOHNNY CONGA....
Johnny Conga

Postby tamboricua » Thu May 20, 2004 1:54 am

Laurent Lamy wrote:I play the melody and I keep the chacha on itotele and more of the other chacha when I can !
Bill Summers tells me he 's actualy write a book about the art of three batas playing by only one person.

Hi Laurent,

Hope all is well! Today I decided to mount my batá rack again. It's been a while! I was following your approach of keeping the left hand on the itotele's chacha. I did start by reviewing the more generic toques like Ñongo, Rumba Iyesá, etc., they are coming along! Now, you follow the same approach when doing for example, "La Topka" for Elegüa?

Saludos,

Jorge Ginorio

Edited By tamboricua on 1085018116
tamboricua

Postby Laurent Lamy » Thu May 20, 2004 7:08 am

tamboricua wrote:
Laurent Lamy wrote:I play the melody and I keep the chacha on itotele and more of the other chacha when I can !

Hi Laurent,

Hope all is well! Today I decided to mount my batá rack again. It's been a while! I was following your approach of keeping the left hand on the itotele's chacha. I did start by reviewing the more generic toques like Ñongo, Rumba Iyesá, etc., they are coming along! Now, you follow the same approach when doing for example, "La Topka" for Elegüa?

Saludos,

Jorge Ginorio

Hi Tamboricua,

Yes I follow the same approach. Sometime, I keep the okonkolo chacha or all the chacha if the toque is slow. That depends ! For Latokpa, ma base is the chacha of the itotele and the okonkolo...

Bye

ZunZun
Laurent Lamy

Return to Bata Drums