Oru - Toques e canti della Santería

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Postby Laurent Lamy » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:29 pm

Hi everybody,
i'm looking for informations about musicians, content, country, style (booklet) about this cd :
"Oru - Toques e canti della Santería"
There is 3 sections in the cd :
Oru seco (habana style)
Oru cantado (in reality this is the oru seco Matanzas style)
Güiro
Thank you
ZunZun
Laurent Lamy

Postby yalla » Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:59 am

Well Laurent, title is in Italian - I will check this for you around here (since I'm Italian too) and will let you know!
:D
nadie se salva de la rumba
yalla

Postby Laurent Lamy » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:44 pm

yalla wrote:Well Laurent, title is in Italian - I will check this for you around here (since I'm Italian too) and will let you know!
:D

OK ! Thanks a lot Yalla.
Laurent Lamy

Postby James M » Fri May 14, 2004 3:06 am

You mean the CD, "Havana, Cuba 1957: Rhythms and songs of the Orishas"; Oru Cantado, Oru Seco, and two Guarachita for Shangó?

I checked it out from the Fine Arts Library at college to burn the music a few months ago. If this is it, I can get you all the info.

Edited By James M on 1084506162
James M

Postby James M » Fri May 14, 2004 3:24 am

The recordings were made by Lydia Cabrera and Josefina Tarafa.
Cándido Martinez and Group is as specific as they get as to who the performers are. I need to go by that library tomorrow, anyways, so I'll be sure to check it out again.

Edited By James M on 1084506059
James M

Postby Laurent Lamy » Sat May 15, 2004 10:20 am

James M wrote:You mean the CD, "Havana, Cuba 1957: Rhythms and songs of the Orishas"; Oru Cantado, Oru Seco, and two Guarachita for Shangó?

I checked it out from the Fine Arts Library at college to burn the music a few months ago. If this is it, I can get you all the info.

Thanks but it is not this cd !
Laurent Lamy

Postby yalla » Tue May 18, 2004 1:16 pm

Hey Laurent, unfortunately I could not check, but I am going to check in the next few days at a jazz/blues/world specialized music shop in my town (Verona) -that guy is incredible, he knows almost everything about recorde music of any kind. Maybe could you give me the name of the Discographic Company who edited/printed/distributed the CD? Then I can better check.
Let me know!
:)
nadie se salva de la rumba
yalla

Postby Laurent Lamy » Tue May 18, 2004 3:09 pm

yalla wrote:Hey Laurent, unfortunately I could not check, but I am going to check in the next few days at a jazz/blues/world specialized music shop in my town (Verona) -that guy is incredible, he knows almost everything about recorde music of any kind. Maybe could you give me the name of the Discographic Company who edited/printed/distributed the CD? Then I can better check.
Let me know!
:)

Hi Yalla,

I haven't any information about the company !

ZunZun
Laurent Lamy

Postby Johnny Conga » Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:05 pm

Bonjour Laurent...I may be coming to Paris in July, to do a big show there with a very well known French artist. I cannot say the name right now, until I know I am going for sure. I have proposed to them that I can put together a "Comparsa" for the show. I would like to use you and others that can really play congas and other instruments. Would you be available for this in July? Of course you will be paid for rehearsals and the show when it happens. It has been a long time since I played the Pavilion de Paris and the Olympia theater, even the Bus Palladium, do you know this place?.....I hope this come true for us, I will keep you posted. Please email me at johnnyconga@hotmail.com to communicate with me. I tried to go to your site but it didn't respond to me when I clik on Contacte moi, so I do it this way..lPlease let me know if you are available and how many other drummers "that can really play" Conga/comparsa. I am trusting you , I would need maybe 10 drummers for this, maybe more. I will let you know when I find out tomorrow what there decision is... Merci ...your Drum Brother.....JC JOHNNY CONGA....
Johnny Conga

Return to Bata Drums