Play Batas is very important

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Postby zaragemca » Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:19 pm

2/4 is a subdivision of the 4/4 time signature,but also it is more easy to write the music when you are talking about multiple percussion patterns.
International Club of Percussionists
zaragemca

Postby percomat » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:44 pm

hi, my question is probably a bit on the side of this discussion, but i wanted to ask this bata-forum about transcriptions of some bata patterns, like Shangos, Ogguns or other Orishas? i play 3 congas, and want to transfer batapatterns to my congas. so, i have to say i agree with Cuicado, i think these new patterns will help me become a better conguero, of course, as all new approaches would be.
percomat

Postby Laurent Lamy » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:33 pm

percomat wrote:hi, my question is probably a bit on the side of this discussion, but i wanted to ask this bata-forum about transcriptions of some bata patterns, like Shangos, Ogguns or other Orishas? i play 3 congas, and want to transfer batapatterns to my congas. so, i have to say i agree with Cuicado, i think these new patterns will help me become a better conguero, of course, as all new approaches would be.

Hi,

you can try citypercussion.com. There the complete oru seco transcriptions in Bolaño style.

You have a lot of rythms in this site, see the batabook.

Citypercussion

ZunZun

Edited By Laurent Lamy on 1105969993
Laurent Lamy

Postby percomat » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:14 pm

thanks, seems like good notations.. :;):
percomat

Postby BCongero » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:01 pm

I'm not certain, but I've heard of different "houses" where there are different rhythms or toques for certain oreshas. There are probably many versions out there. Within' the Bolano style are there different houses? Or would that be considered a house?

I think that something that would be important to understand (for those that might not) is that it would be important to actually have a highly experienced teacher to actually teach you Bata, Rumba or whatever. There are subtle things that you just can't notate. I think there is something very powerful about being in the presence of someone playing the styles as they were authentically intended.
No cruzado!
BCongero

Previous

Return to Bata Drums