help a young bata student

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Postby el huichi » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:50 pm

soy estudiante del bata... deasafortunadamente solo he podido estudiar a traves de libros y discos pues no encuentro maestro donde vivo... estoy proximo a realizar un viaje a cuba, pero no conozco maestros... si alguien de ustedes ya ha ido a cuba recomiendenme un buen maestro, pero tengan en cuenta que apenas empeze a estudiar el bata hace 2 años... tambien queria saber si alguno de ustedes me puede decir donde puedo encontrar mas libros con partituras de bata. yo tengo el libro de amira, pero quisiera saber que tal son los otros (summers, coburg)... gracias y aché!! (sorry for my terrible english) im a bata student... but i´ve only study trough books and records because there´s no teachers where i live... i´m about to do a trip to cuba, but i have no teachers contacts in there... if any of you have already benn in cuba please let me know if you know any good teachers who would like to teach me, but please have in mind that i´ve only have 2 years of study of the bata drums... also want to know where to find more books with bata translation, i have amiras book but i want to study the others (summers, coburg)... thanks aché!!
VIVA MEXICATIAHUI!!!
el huichi

Postby percomat » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:47 pm

Hola companero. If you are going to Havana andt wants to learn bata you should go to jazzcafe or jazzclub when Diakara plays, the leader of the group is Oscar Valdez, he is very nice and could maybe teach you or give you the name of another good teacher. Good luck.
percomat

Postby Juzzi » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:23 am

Hi.

Try to find Eliel Lazo. He is playing a lot at Jazz Cafe. He is a young guy but VERY talented one. He is a student of Oscar Valdes.

He has a record out now featuring Chucho Valdes and Changuito among others.

I can give you his email. Contact me jussimakela@hotmail.com

-J

Attachment: http://mycongaplace.com/forum/eng/uploa ... rkshop.jpg
Juzzi

Postby Juzzi » Tue May 02, 2006 7:58 pm

Hi el huichi!
Sorry, I lost your email address. Please email me again and I will reply with the contact information.

-J
Juzzi

Postby Primer Jimagüa » Thu May 04, 2006 8:29 pm

Hola hermano mexicano, soy gusy diaz, de argentina, toco bata hace años, si vas a cuba, lo mejor es localizar a los chinitos de Abbilona, un amigo estubo estudiando con ellos, no hay nada que se le parezca. si quieres mandame un mail y te doy partituras de los toque, trascribi todos los toque de habana y algunos de matanzas, dime que toque quieres y te los mando por mail.

Ache.

primer_jimagua@yahoo.com.ar
Primer Jimagüa

Return to Bata Drums