Orlando "Puntilla" Rios in SF in Oct. '07 - Next big show from Ashe! Productions

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Postby blango » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:21 pm

Hey all,

Just got the word:

Orlando "Puntilla" Rios will be in SF in late October and Ashe! Productions will be producing several shows and workshops for him.

I will keep you informed, as the details materialize.

foto:Orlando Puntilla Rios and Michele Rosewoman (piano) from New Yor-Uba Photo Gallery site.

Tony Sternad
Ashe! Productions
707-812-8812

Attachment: http://mycongaplace.com/forum/eng/uploa ... -rios2.jpg
blango

Postby blango » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:22 pm

Hey all you east coast Cats:

Id love to hear your Puntilla stories! Bring on the praise!

Tony
blango

Postby ralph » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:46 pm

Well I don't have any stories per se, I did get a chance to talk to Puntilla a while ago to ask for some lessons, he declined but did recommend Skip Burney and Felix Sanabria, the latter of which i've been taking lessons on and off for a couple of years now...in talking to Felix he mentioned once how when he lived in the BX, Puntilla lived down the street. Imagine having such wealth of knowledge at such close proximity, others would have hoped to have been so lucky...but it wasn't always this way...one would have to go from botanica to botanica all over the city trying to find a teacher, once Puntilla came along it got alot easier...probably one of the best voices that i've heard sing w/ rumba or bata....you guys in SF are in for a treat....do we know who is coming over with him?
ralph

Return to Bata Drums