Papo Angarica Fundamento Yoruba Vol 2 - CD Wanted

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Postby guarachon63 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:50 pm

Hi a friend of mine badly wants this out-of-print CD and for some reason I cannot make a copy of mine (purchased a few years ago at Casa Latina in El Barrio) on any computer. Can anyone help me out?

I will gladly trade something for it.

thanks in advance
barry
===================================
http://esquinarumbera.blogspot.com
guarachon63

Postby TONE74 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:54 pm

Whats up guarachon, have you tried ripping into media player in mp3 format first? It might be copyright protected so they have a thing that when you try to burn it it doesn't let you. What I do is rip it before burning it. After you do that go to your files and right click to properties and it should say mp3 should be good to go after that. Vaya, good luck.
TONE74

Postby guarachon63 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:06 am

Thanks Tone but I have tried every trick in my book with this thing.

I have a Mac and normally have no problems ripping anything. I cannot even copy the AAIF (or whatever) files onto the desktop, says there is an error reading the file.

I put it in iTunes and gracenote reads all the tracks from the database and gives them the right names, but after that nada.

I tried burning it in Toast 8 and nothing.

Today I gave it to a friend at work to put in a PC, and the PC said it was a blank disc...that's when I gave up.

The disc itself is a bit suspect, the print job for the cover is bad and the label on the CD itself is obviously a paper sticker...but it is strange, that a bootleg disc would have stronger copy protection than any other disc I have ever bought before.
guarachon63

Postby TONE74 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:32 am

Thats weird bro. Do you know what kind of files they are? I though what I told you would work since thats how I save my itunes music (mpeg4 ) to get rid of the copyright thing. I think Sony or Universal puts out that kind of copyright on some things. Sounds like a challenge though but I'm sure there is a way. Everything has a hack.
TONE74

Postby niallgregory » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:48 am

Hi Mate . I have the cd .I could send it to you via email .Doyou have a gmail account .very easy to send files .
niall gregory
niallgregory

Postby guarachon63 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:27 pm

That would be most excellent Niall, thanks very much. You can send them to me at

guarachon63@gmail.com

If there is anything else you are looking for in trade, let me know and I will try to oblige.

Tone, thanks for the advice/sympathy - I am always looking for a hack too, that's why this one has me so confounded. They are regular AIFF audio files, as you would find it you put in any CD...
guarachon63

Postby Changuiri » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:31 pm

last cd i had a problem with was cortijo's quitate de la via perico, the only player that took it was winamp, try that.
Changuiri

Postby guarachon63 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:05 am

Thanks Changuiri, I don't think there is a version of that for Mac OSX - and the PC I tried the disc on siad it was a blank disc...

Anyway, one of the trusty congaplace members came through with a copy, thanks very much to all.

saludos
guarachon63

Return to Bata Drums