Bata book

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Postby Roka » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:16 pm

Hi, does anyone found that page before ?

Drumming the Gods

Is it valueable ? (I'm very carefull choosing traditional resourses)
Roka

Postby Thomas Altmann » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:21 pm

Roka wrote:I'm very carefull choosing traditional resourses

... and rightfully so. Looking through the transcriptions, I find that there is quite a bit that is accurate, or close to, at least. But I've also seen the opposite there. After all, it is more complicated to sort all the useless stuff out than to disregard the page altogether.

I suggest you better look at the citypercussion site, or ilufumi, if you want to rely on the WWW (instead of purchasing one of the books or videos that are commercially available now).

Also visit Patrice Banchereau's blog at http://echuaye.blogspot.com/ . He lists some batá methods. It's in French, though.

If you wanted to learn Matanzas style bata, wait for Tomás Jimeno, Sr., from Helsinki. I heard that he is visiting your country to give workshops every once in a while.

Thomas
Thomas Altmann

Postby Congadelica » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:34 pm

Hey Roka sound advice from thomas i think . workshop will give you lots more ,but thanks for the www on bata ritmos mi hermano . Im sure some will find them very usefull.

gracias
Congadelica

Postby Roka » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:25 pm

Thomas Altmann wrote:wait for Tomás Jimeno, Sr., from Helsinki. I heard that he is visiting your country to give workshops every once in a while.

I never heard about his visits and usually I know when something is happening in percussion field here in LT,
as those thigs are really poor here. Please, report when you'll hear something :)
Roka

Return to Bata Drums