Daniel Alfonso Herrera has passed - RIP

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Daniel Alfonso Herrera has passed - RIP

Postby vasikgreif » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:29 pm

From the batadrums yahoo group:

Our teacher has passed. The world has lost a keeper of the sacred traditions of Anya and Afro-Cuban folklore.

Daniel Alfonso Herrera, faithful and loving balogun, died today, December 19th at 1am. He will be buried in Matanzas at 4pm. Daniel will live on in our hearts and hands always. A magnificent teacher and fierce supporter of traditional sacred drumming, his knowledge has spread throughout the world affecting thousands.

Thank you Daniel for sharing your profound knowledge with all of us. Thank you for being the most invested teacher I have known. Thank you for being a sweet, caring and loyal friend to us- never hesitating when it came time to defend us. Thank you for sharing your love with us, and letting us see you for who you really are. May your spirit be at peace, enriched by the journey you experienced while here on earth. You are loved and missed.

Modupe ori Egun, Modupe Abure Ada Nike.

Luz y Progresso

Te queremos Daniel. Gracias.

Vanessa lindberg

I will be sending donations within the next days to help prepare for the rituals that will be completed. If you would like to contribute, you can contact me through the following email address: vanessadrum@yahoo.com
vasikgreif

Return to Bata Drums