Online lesson on my site

A place where discuss about secrets, tips and suggestions for practicing on congas and to improve your skill and technique ...

Postby Laurent Lamy » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:36 pm

Hello to all,

For some days, one course of congas based on 3 hours of practice is on-line on my site.

The menu of this session of training n°1:

Warm-up = 1 hour

Sound technique and the dexterity style of Giovanni Hidalgo = 1 hour

Work of the accompaniment, 4 manners to play Bomba for the orchestra= 1 hour

Other aspectcs of the work will be approached on the next lessons such as: rudiments, independence, solo etc.

You can download lesson (8 pages) in pdf + all the audio files of the exercises.

The lessons will be updated every 2 weeks or at the latest every month. Later, videos will come to be added besides as well as some bonuses from time to time when I would have it to put...

Congas will be the heart of the lessons but I think of proposing it on the other instruments: timbale, bongo, batà, chékéré, minor percussions...

Except series and studies of styles will be also proposed; Baretto, Luis Conté, Giovanni Hidalgo, Roberto Vizcaïno etc.

I think of approaching also the rhythms not Cuban as the zouk, the various forms of merengue etc.

The traditional rhythms will not be forgotten!

All your suggestions are welcome!!!

You will find the first one lesson here:

http: // zunzun.chez.tiscali.fr/percussionlesson .htm

At the moment, it is only in French. It will be very soon available in English.

ZunZun

Attachment: http://mycongaplace.com/forum/eng/uploa ... nt_201.jpg
Laurent Lamy

Postby Ivan » Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:54 pm

Hey Larry,

I hope all is well. I am trying to access your site and check out these lessons you are referring to, but I can't read french... Can your site be translated some how?

Le'me know.

Thanks Bro.
Ivan
Ilu Ache,
Ivan
Ivan

Return to Congas Technique, Rhythms and Exercises