Rolling Stones - rhythms used

A place where discuss about secrets, tips and suggestions for practicing on congas and to improve your skill and technique ...

Postby mangorockfish » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:21 pm

Hey Otto,
I just turned 55 the 13th and have been playing almost a year and this forum is proving invaluable. Been playing drums about 42 yrs., so this is totally new to me, but these cats are very helpful w/o any BS. They tell you anything you want to know if they know it. Where are you located? I'm in Little Rock, AR.
Take care and all of you have a great weekend!!!
MRF :laugh:
mangorockfish

Postby otto » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:13 pm

Hello Mangorockfish
How Are you.
It funny but birthday is also on the 13th but in December.
I live in Glen Cove New York which is on Long Island. I had always wanted to play congas so this year as my resolution
I decided not to think about it any more but to do so I gave myself a Xmas gift and bought some LP Performance series drums,all three Tumba, Conga, and Quinto. I try to play everyday but sometimes my job takes up to much of my time. Its a 2hour comute each way to work in the city(NYC). I am having a great time playing I got some tapes including the Kalani tapes, which are great, and some books and there is this forum which has done a great deal in helping me.
Its never too late to do the things that you always wanted to do.
Like they say "any great journey starts with one step".
Drumming for life
Have a great day.
Otto
otto

Postby mangorockfis » Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:37 am

Hey Otto,
How are you? Things are great in Arkansas. Email me and we'll talk. I've been playing a year in May. Have yet brought the drums out to use w/the band, but it is coming soon.
my email is rockstarblue5@aol.com
Check out the band website: http://www.thescuffs.com.
Take care,
:blues:
mangorockfis

Previous

Return to Congas Technique, Rhythms and Exercises