Learning Timba - Learning Timba rythyms

A place where discuss about secrets, tips and suggestions for practicing on congas and to improve your skill and technique ...

Postby Mezcaldrum » Sat May 15, 2004 5:33 am

Hey can anyone recommend good sources to learn Timba rhythms. A fellow percussionist has been playing me some of that music lately and it really cooks. It's supposed to be the conga style that Cuban's are playing now as opposed to the 50's style and rules we've all been learning since relations with Cuba soured.

Someone at Steve Weiss Music suggested a book by Tomas Martinez. Any comment? :cool:
Mezcaldrum

Postby tamboricua » Sat May 15, 2004 3:35 pm

Hi Mezcaldrum,

Hope all is well! Check out the attached image. It's the cover of Tomás Cruz Conga Method Volume III on Mel Bay Publications. Volume III deals in it's entirity with the Timba style. Hope this helps!

Saludos,

Jorge Ginorio

Attachment: http://mycongaplace.com/forum/eng/uploa ... me_III.jpg
tamboricua

Postby Laurent Lamy » Sat May 15, 2004 5:56 pm

tamboricua wrote:Hi Mezcaldrum,

Hope all is well! Check out the attached image. It's the cover of Tomás Cruz Conga Method Volume III on Mel Bay Publications. Volume III deals in it's entirity with the Timba style. Hope this helps!

Saludos,

Jorge Ginorio

Yes ! I have this method in 3 volumes, very very very god !Dvd are very easy to learn with...

ZunZun from France
Laurent Lamy

Return to Congas Technique, Rhythms and Exercises