suggested book

A place where discuss about secrets, tips and suggestions for practicing on congas and to improve your skill and technique ...

Postby solo » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:24 am

halo to this comunity

this is been my first post. I'm 21 years man from indonesian who very interested to study afro cuban percussion.

my question is, which i should learn after I have learned Ed Uribe's Book ( The Essence of afro cuban percusion) exactly i have not finished the ed Uribe Book, but my friends are planning to go to US, I think I should buy some good book.

thanks anyway for the answer. cu!
solo

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:02 pm

Hello Solo and WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY OF DRUMMERS!.....oh man there are so many books out now,where to start....u can pick up the Kalani videos, online goto Kalani.com....I will also be putting out a Learning DVD soon called "Conga-Robics" or How'd I get there?....I will let everyone know when it is ready. I will be incorporating my "Conga-Robics" in a different section of my DVD,so get ready to really "workout" on your drums, with specific exercises that I have developed for playing and building stamina on your drums......."JC" Johnny Conga.... :D
JohnnyConga

Postby solo » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:56 am

thanks john, I've already heard a little about your dvd. I can't wait to see it. anyway I really appreciate your acceptance and the comunity's acceptance
solo

Postby mjw » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:39 pm

I can highly recommend the Thomas Cruz Conga Method books/dvds available through Mel Bay publishing. The teaching method is clear and easy to follow for both the intermediate/advanced player or absolute beginner.

Good luck Solo, and don't be shy to post any questions in this forum, there's no shortage of people willing give helpful advice or share their experience with you.

:)
mjw

Postby solo » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:28 am

halo junior.

thanks for your advice. i will try to look at it.
and also, thanks for your acceptance to this comunity. this comunity had gave me so much info that i need. thanks again. nice to know you! cu

ade asmitha
solo

Return to Congas Technique, Rhythms and Exercises