Rumbadelica???

A place where discuss about secrets, tips and suggestions for practicing on congas and to improve your skill and technique ...

Postby bongosnotbombs » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:14 pm

I was looking for more music by Anga, having been introduced to through Cachaito's cd and that one Mambo Sinuendo with Manuel Galban...(yeah, I am a late comer).

Anyways finding Echu Mingua by Anga, the reviewers are using some crazy term "RUMBADELICA" to describe this kind of music..

WTF?? is this a real genre or just some gimmick term?

I am getting into this sound, rumbadelica or not, any other cd's recommended that sound like the 3 I mentioned above? ..........................................................................................
G!
bongosnotbombs

Postby Mike » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:17 am

Check out Pasaporte an all-star band produrction including Tata Guines. Amazing technical skills are displayed here. (Sometimes a bit overdone IMO)
And I hope you have already got both Afro-Cuban All Stars-album that were produced by Juan Marcos de Gonzales in your CD collection. On both CDs, "A toda Cuba le gusta" and to a lesser degree on "Distinto, Diferente", there´s a beautiful flow of both more traditional and also modern (Timba) pieces. And Angà grooves like .... Angà in his best years!
And if you´re looking for a more non-traditional sound, you´ll like "A lo Cubano" by the French-Cuban rap group "Orishas". Angà played on this album. Very groovy stuff indeed. Although I´m usually into more ´traditional ´(whatever that means) Afro-Cuban music, I like this CD very much. Riddim is it!

Hope that helps.

Edited By Mike on 1181112948
Peace & drum
Mike

Postby Charangaman » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:48 am

"Rumbadelica" :laugh: Lazy journalism!
To me Echu Mingua is Abstract Afro Cuban Jazz..

Luisito Quintero has a really fresh sound on his album.

http://www.myspace.com/luisitoquintero
Charangaman

Postby Congadelica » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:40 am

Echu Mingua is really good a refreshing alternative to genere Rumba as for the delica Bit I dunno :D
Congadelica

Postby Tito Diaz » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:58 pm

Mike wrote:Check out Pasaporte an all-star band produrction including Tata Guines. Amazing technical skills are displayed here. (Sometimes a bit overdone IMO)
And I hope you have already got both Afro-Cuban All Stars-album that were produced by Juan Marcos de Gonzales in your CD collection. On both CDs, "A toda Cuba le gusta" and to a lesser degree on "Distinto, Diferente", there´s a beautiful flow of both more traditional and also modern (Timba) pieces. And Angà grooves like .... Angà in his best years!
And if you´re looking for a more non-traditional sound, you´ll like "A lo Cubano" by the French-Cuban rap group "Orishas". Angà played on this album. Very groovy stuff indeed. Although I´m usually into more ´traditional ´(whatever that means) Afro-Cuban music, I like this CD very much. Riddim is it!

Hope that helps.

Hi everyone,
:)
Just wanted to add some comments about Orishas. Don't miss Anga's contribution on this CD. Great Grooves. Also, listen to it carefully and you'll hear Yuri Buenaventura on the coro!!!!!!! And by the way, are the Orishas a French Cuban rap band? Although they sometimes sing in french, I was told that one of the singers comes from Congo;;;;;

Saludos desde Bruselas
Tito Diaz
Tito Diaz

Postby Charangaman » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:43 pm

Greetings,

Orishas are Cuban, they live between Paris & Barcalona and regularly return to Habana. They did have a French MC with them for I beleive 2 albums.
Charangaman

Return to Congas Technique, Rhythms and Exercises