Free Online Perccussion Lessons

A place where discuss about secrets, tips and suggestions for practicing on congas and to improve your skill and technique ...

Postby Laurent Lamy » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:08 pm

I have the pleasure to announce you the alignment(on-line publishing) of "Free Online Percussion Lessons" my new site.

This site is completely devoted in afro-cuban percussion rythms courses suggests you music courses in video.

All of the instructional material is free !!! But if you could just click the links of my sponsors.

To find you there easily, the lessons are classified by instruments (congas, bongo, timbales...) then by categories (initiation, technique, style, practice routine...).

Free Online Percussion Lessons

See you soon

Attachment: http://mycongaplace.com/forum/eng/uploa ... rer41n.gif
Laurent Lamy

Postby ozrivera » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:24 pm

Laurent

Good looking out, im sure many of us will put your techniques to good use.
is the site suppose to be completely up and running? i wasnt able to see the video, and the only links that were working was the conga link. ill check back later.

thanks

oz
Pa-tra ni-pa cojer impulso.
ozrivera

Postby Laurent Lamy » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:49 pm

ozrivera wrote:Laurent

Good looking out, im sure many of us will put your techniques to good use.
is the site suppose to be completely up and running? i wasnt able to see the video, and the only links that were working was the conga link. ill check back later.

thanks

oz

Oz,

The conga link is the only available for this moment but the others will be it very soon!
Do you use a mac ? Because on my pc, all my 3 vidéos are working correctly like my forum members...

Can you try on another computer? Inform me soon...

ZunZun
Laurent Lamy

Postby deadhead » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:51 pm

Nice job Laurent!! Havn't got a chance to really check out the site completely because I'm at work at the moment, but it looks pretty sweet, some helpful information. Thanks for making a free site with afro-cuban info, sometimes it is hard to find this kind of material on line. By the way the videos are working for me.
deadhead

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:15 pm

GREAT SITE LAURENT.....THANK YOU!...."JC" Johnny Conga... :D
JohnnyConga

Postby tfunk » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:20 pm

The videos don't work for me, but I am on a Mac. Will this problem with Macs be corrected? It looks like a great site thought.

tfunk
twm
tfunk

Postby Laurent Lamy » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:50 pm

tfunk wrote:The videos don't work for me, but I am on a Mac. Will this problem with Macs be corrected? It looks like a great site thought.

tfunk

I am sorry but I don't know Mac ! I use a video online technology like Youtube. It's Dailymotion.

Edited By Laurent Lamy on 1169762070
Laurent Lamy

Postby Diceman » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:37 am

Nice Laurent,

I had a bit of a problem with all the pop ups but got the videos to work eventually. You may remember me, I did some translation for you a few years ago.

Good luck with the project.

Suave
Diceman
Diceman

Postby CongaTick » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:38 pm

WOW! Great job Laurent. This site is going to generate a lot of interest. Great to have your lessons readily available. I really appreciate what you've done. Makes me proud to be a member of this forum.
CongaTick

Postby Laurent Lamy » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:26 pm

CongaTick wrote:WOW! Great job Laurent. This site is going to generate a lot of interest. Great to have your lessons readily available. I really appreciate what you've done. Makes me proud to be a member of this forum.

Thanks a lot CongaTick ! I look for a free host without advertisement to avoid pop - ups. But I have not found yet.

Edited By Laurent Lamy on 1169912237
Laurent Lamy

Postby CongaTick » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:46 pm

Man,

I tellya....a week doesn't go by without one of the forum pros putting a valuable nugget of knowledge on the table. Whether it's Laurent's lessons, all the wonderful vid clips by members showing technique, Abakua's great gig pix, Freddy's fantastic Afrotour docupix and all the others who contribute big time to this forum and to the knowledge and spirit of ou world of percussion... Thanks to all of you peronally for making this place a daily must-stop for me.
CongaTick

Postby akdom » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:36 pm

Hi all

Zunzun is definetely the more international of the french congueros...

Thanks for your work and for sharing your knowledge.

I too have problems watching the videos on a mac... I will try later.

See ya

B
akdom

Postby Master2987 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:42 pm

Laurent Lamy wrote:Thanks a lot CongaTick ! I look for a free host without advertisement to avoid pop - ups. But I have not found yet.

Laurent,

Great Job. This is good news for us beginners.

=============================

FYI to Everyone: Microsoft is offering free domain names and web-hosting at
Microsoft Office Live

You will need to register for an account. Select their basic package, which is FREE. You need to provide a credit card number (to verify your identity, so don't panic).

You can merge an existing website. They give you 25 email accounts and plenty of storage space.

If someone is looking to get their own website, you cannot beat this deal.

That is all there is to it....no gimmicks. I have had a website there for the past 3 months...it's all good.
Master2987

Postby Laurent Lamy » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:48 pm

My site has to change address and host. I am very satisfied to announce you that the very annoying fenètres disappeared.

Free Online Percussion Lessons

Edited By Laurent Lamy on 1171721732
Laurent Lamy

Postby Laurent Lamy » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:00 pm

Master2987 wrote:
Laurent Lamy wrote:Thanks a lot CongaTick ! I look for a free host without advertisement to avoid pop - ups. But I have not found yet.

Laurent,

Great Job. This is good news for us beginners.

=============================

FYI to Everyone: Microsoft is offering free domain names and web-hosting at
Microsoft Office Live

You will need to register for an account. Select their basic package, which is FREE. You need to provide a credit card number (to verify your identity, so don't panic).

You can merge an existing website. They give you 25 email accounts and plenty of storage space.

If someone is looking to get their own website, you cannot beat this deal.

That is all there is to it....no gimmicks. I have had a website there for the past 3 months...it's all good.

Thanks it's only for americans...
Laurent Lamy

Next

Return to Congas Technique, Rhythms and Exercises