Need Conga instructional DVDs...

A place where discuss about secrets, tips and suggestions for practicing on congas and to improve your skill and technique ...

Need Conga instructional DVDs...

Postby Refujiado » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:34 pm

Well guys finally found a conga for a great price that couldnt pass up now i need help wth DVD's that can help me develop technique, rythyms exercises etc.. besideds youtube in which is very helpful well anyways thanks in advance oh and Feliz año para todos!!
Refujiado

Re: Need Conga instructional DVDs...

Postby sjhendee » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:49 pm

Check out Michael Spiro's new DVD Introduction to the Conga Drum

http://www.amazon.com/Introduction-Cong ... 864&sr=8-4

Also of course, http://CongaMasterClass.com has more advanced exercises and materials.
sjhendee

Postby JConga » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:35 pm

You can also go to youtube.com and type in "How to play the Conga Drums" in search...I have 17 learning videos there for you....I hope they help you...."JC" JOHNNY CONGA
JConga

Postby Refujiado » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:45 pm

Oh yeah, ive used those, i need more though, need heel toe exercises, mind separation exercises, variations, techniques just in case im doing something wrong...
Refujiado

Postby thomas newton » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:26 pm

Refujiado wrote:Oh yeah, ive used those, i need more though, need heel toe exercises, mind separation exercises, variations, techniques just in case im doing something wrong...

Sounds more like you need a teacher.
Tradition is not the custody of ashes but the propagation of fire.
thomas newton

Postby Refujiado » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:27 pm

I know right.. I wonder if anyone knows any good congueros in the Arlington TX area, maybe Dallas?
Refujiado

Postby tamboricua » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:58 pm

Refujiado wrote:I know right.. I wonder if anyone knows any good congueros in the Arlington TX area, maybe Dallas?

Refujiado,

Let me know if I can be of further help to you.

http://www.jorgeginorio.com

Saludos,

JG
tamboricua

Postby umannyt » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:50 pm

Refujiado wrote:Well guys finally found a conga for a great price that couldnt pass up now i need help wth DVD's that can help me develop technique, rythyms exercises etc.. besideds youtube in which is very helpful well anyways thanks in advance oh and Feliz año para todos!!

Refujiado,

Happy New Year to you, too!

I highly recommend the "Tomas Cruz Conga Method". It comes in 3 volumes (book plus DVD each). Vol. 1 is for beginners, Vol. 2 if for intermediate and Vol. 3 is for advanced conga players. Vols. 1 & 2 should keep most conga students busy for a while.

Tomas Cruz is very thorough. I have built quite a collection of instructional videos on congas (including videos on bongos, timbales and various small hand percussion instruments), many of which I bought prior to discovering Tomas Cruz's conga videos. If I knew then what I know now, the Tomas Cruz videos would have been (hands down) the first ones that I would have bought and the only ones I would have needed for a while.

Best of luck,
umannyt

Postby Refujiado » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:43 pm

Coño gracias mi hermano, i am planning on purchasing this kit, also si dios quiero ill be working with a local instructor, yours trully tamboboricua, apparently hes really close to where i live so lets see how it goes fellas!
Refujiado

Postby umannyt » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:49 pm

Refujiado,

You're more than welcome! Glad to be of help, mano! Yes, having both DVD and a personal teacher would be best.
umannyt

Return to Congas Technique, Rhythms and Exercises