Abakua Mano Secreta?

A place where discuss about secrets, tips and suggestions for practicing on congas and to improve your skill and technique ...

Postby CongaTick » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:08 pm

All due respect Abakua,

If you have the time and inclination and can re-post or re-tape your slowed down version of mano secreta, there's a lot of us that would be very grateful.
CongaTick

Postby ABAKUA » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:18 am

Hello, sorry for the delay, I have been extremely busy recording, rehearsals and teaching, not to mention my day job! so I hadnt had a chance to re upload the clip to youtube,
here it is again, hope it helps you out.
As stated in the description, its only the basic fundamental movement. From there you develop the movement to suit and apply many different adaptations of it to Guaguanco, Marcha, 6/8 variations, Quinto work etc not to mention soloing etc etc.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Gk_wIDxPhPY
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby Roka » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:20 am

More more more !
:D
Roka

Postby congamyk » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:29 am

Holy Crap! .... MORE!
congamyk

Postby CongaTick » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:06 pm

abakua,

mil gracias for finding a break in your heavy sched to do this. greatly appreciated by all of us. please leave it up.
CongaTick

Postby Derbeno » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:20 am

CongaTick wrote:abakua,

mil gracias for finding a break in your heavy sched to do this. greatly appreciated by all of us. please leave it up.

May I recommend the latest version of Realplayer, it has an automatic popup for downloading youtube and other flash videos.
It is by far more elegant than the previous plugin I had running on Firefox.

It also records streamed radio music in perfect mp3 quality. Which I am sure is a mistake as I ave been recording a few radio channel. When the next update comes along I will decline as I am sure they will remove this feature.
Echale candela, p'afinar los cueros
Derbeno

Return to Congas Technique, Rhythms and Exercises