Triple and quadruple stroke rudiments?

A place where discuss about secrets, tips and suggestions for practicing on congas and to improve your skill and technique ...

Triple and quadruple stroke rudiments?

Postby nobleway » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:12 am

Hi Forum,

I've been paying attention here and grasping just how important rudiments are to a player's progress and maintenance of skill. So I ordered Stick Control by Stone on Amazon and I've been having "fun" with the first page of rudiments for about a week though I had done the 17 rudiments in Cruz's book before but certainly not alot. The Stick Control rudiments were of course made for sticks on a snare. I'm curious. Do the experienced and long term practitioners of rudiments here do much with the exercises with triple and quadruple stokes? Even if you do them what kind of value to you place of them for playing the conga?

Thanks
nobleway

Re: Triple and quadruple stroke rudiments?

Postby goingquinto » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:06 pm

Great timing on this topic for me. I just got a little music stand yesterday to put "stick control" on, and I was wondering the same thing. I have only been working on the first couple of pages, so it hasn't come up for practice yet. All of the videos I have seen seem to use just doubles or some some combination of paradiddles. Anyone on here use more than 2-stroke rolls?
goingquinto

Return to Congas Technique, Rhythms and Exercises