Samba Grooves

A place where discuss about secrets, tips and suggestions for practicing on congas and to improve your skill and technique ...

Re: Samba Grooves

Postby niallgregory » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:32 am

The caboclo sounds amazing tone ! Do they let people take any video footage at all ? would love to see /hear some stuff from a caboclo ceremony ! again really well done on the cd ! Want to order a hard copy from you ? I could probably sell some for you here in Ireland / uk . Lots of people interested in the candomble tradition here .. Some of the samba companies sell cds and are always looking for new stuff ...
niall gregory
niallgregory

Re: Samba Grooves

Postby Tone » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:16 pm

with regards to video it really depends on the place, some let you and most don't.
I have taken a few films of candomblé but not caboclo, I can't recall seeing any cameras saturday.
I don't know of any recordings either. You will have to come here, I'll take you...

As for the hard copies of the CD, the shipping cost are very expensive from here, not to mention high risk of it never making it.
I am going to France in two weeks so I could possibly bring a bulk and shipping it all to you, but I would need payment in advance.
Thanks a lot for the suggestion and plug!

Dofono is also available to travel for clinics in percussion, dance, and singing if anyone is interested...
tone
Tone

Previous

Return to Congas Technique, Rhythms and Exercises