What to practice, when you have little time

A place where discuss about secrets, tips and suggestions for practicing on congas and to improve your skill and technique ...

What to practice, when you have little time

Postby Kaban » Tue May 22, 2012 4:13 pm

Hey guys,

I just wanted some input/advice by those of you that have little time to practice. This past month my work schedule has changed twice without warning, not to mention that I can't not finishing my lessons with JC, because both our schedules are busy as of late. Last week I got to drum twice for approximately 30 minutes each, to which I did two exercises that JC showed me to get both my hands moving around the drum. It feels like my progression will take a long time with so little practice. I get the itch late at night, and I have to drum very gentle so my tones are just loud enough for me to hear them, but I think/fear that this is doing more harm than good. If do this it will probably be the norm for me to play soft, even when I take the gloves off. Does anyone have any advice, or going through the same Dilemma, if so what do you do to practice. Thanks in advance.
Kaban

Re: What to practice, when you have little time

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue May 22, 2012 6:32 pm

Hi Jesse..you might want to try and find a close/local YMCA or Community center that you can use a room in to practice.. away from everybody and everything What you practice is the fundamentals you have been shown to help develop your sound and technique... ..I hope this helps and I hope to see you again soon to continue with our time together...keep slappin!...JC...
JohnnyConga

Re: What to practice, when you have little time

Postby vxla » Tue May 22, 2012 11:06 pm

You may want to try and find a practice space in your area, if they exist. Perhaps a storage locker could be used, if you worked something out with the owner.
vxla

Return to Congas Technique, Rhythms and Exercises