Conga Lesson Book

A place where discuss about secrets, tips and suggestions for practicing on congas and to improve your skill and technique ...

Conga Lesson Book

Postby torpedo tom » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:03 pm

What is the name of the BEST conga lesson/study book? I'm looking for one that assumes you do not know one end of the drum from the other. One that starts from ground-zero and teaches you everything. All suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks, TT
torpedo tom

Re: Conga Lesson Book

Postby bongosnotbombs » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:46 pm

Probably Tomas Cruz, has a detailed section on different tones and strikes. Learning solely from a book on one's own is very challenging.
bongosnotbombs

Postby joaozinho » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:00 pm

bongosnotbombs wrote:Probably Tomas Cruz, has a detailed section on different tones and strikes. Learning solely from a book on one's own is very challenging.

I second that,and higly recomend Tomas Cruz conga method(book and dvd) you have tree levels ,beginning(from groud zero),intermediate and advanced.His method is really easy and confortable to learn,give it a try :wink:
joaozinho

Postby Derbeno » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:48 am

Mike Spiro's dvd Introduction to the Conga drum is another excellent resource

http://www.amazon.com/Introduction-To-T ... B001LR9Q4C
Echale candela, p'afinar los cueros
Derbeno

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:49 am

Tomas Cruz books are very good to a point.........I have a thing about 'book learning"...there is no critique involved, no instruction involved,(how to use your hands, and balancing them etc.) it has it's limitation.. I HIGHLY recommend finding a mentor who can 'guide' u in the right way...I do offer ONLINE TEACHING, this works!..read what others have said about their experience with me...in Congazine here on the Forum...I can help you and SAVE you years of learning time...I teach the Cuban methods and my own developed over 25 years of Teaching How to Play the Conga drum...I have been at it for 48 years now...I can help you..email me if interested in learning ONLINE the NEW WAY TO LEARN!..johnnyconga@hotmail.com
JohnnyConga

Return to Congas Technique, Rhythms and Exercises