technique, rhythms and exercise - Giovanni set-up

A place where discuss about secrets, tips and suggestions for practicing on congas and to improve your skill and technique ...

Postby michaelangelo rosario » Sat Oct 26, 2002 7:21 pm

.. I had the pleasure of seeing Giovanii play several times, most recently, this past summer in Philly and for some reason he alway use 2 congas and a tumba, i never see him you the tradition quinto, conga and tumba what he does as i see, is tune one conga high and the other conga a little low to normal and the tumba is tune a little as well. DOES any one knows why?...michaelangelo
michaelangelo rosario

Postby JohnnyConga » Sat Oct 26, 2002 8:33 pm

:D HI MICHAELANGELO...iT IS HIS PERSONALTUNING OR WHAT EVER DRUMS ARE AVAILABLE FOR HIM TO USE. HE DOES NOT CARRY HIS OWN DRUMS WITH HIM. LP PROVIDES WHATEVER HE NEEDS WHEN HE IS ON THE ROAD OR IF HE IS DOING A CLINIC IN A MUSIC STORE IT'S STILL WHATEVER IS AVAILABLE OR HIS PERSONAL PREFERENCE. ....AT YOUR SERVICE.... JC JOHNNY CONGA ;)
JohnnyConga

Postby Simon B » Sun Oct 27, 2002 9:45 pm

If not Giovanni, many larger-handed percussionists prefer to use a conga instead of a quinto because the extra three-quarter inch or so better fits their mits - Don Alias is one, I believe.

Simon B
Simon B

Return to Congas Technique, Rhythms and Exercises