LP Mic Claw/Conga Compatible?

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby The Radman » Mon Jan 07, 2002 11:05 pm

Hey all, does anyone know if the LP 592A Mic Claw will mount on to a conga or bongo rim? I really don't want to buy one to find out. I am having to mike my setup and do not want to use huge traditional mic stands due to lack of space. Any other suggestions if "The Claw" doesn't do ? Thanx alot.
Peace Love Electric RAD :)
The Radman.
Peace Love Electric RAD
The Radman.
The Radman

Postby Bongo Boy » Sat Mar 16, 2002 6:12 pm

This msg is probably WAY too late, but

LP Says:

"The newly contoured jaws, with lined rubber mounts, fit tight to any standard drum rim and to all LP rims including traditional, LP Comfort CurveĀ® II, Matador Soft StrikeTM, and CP EZ CurveĀ®."

When LP says "traditional" they're talking about the Cuban traditional steel band rim--so that's pretty standard. What I noticed in the photo, however, is that the claw positions the 3/8 rod well over the drum. Not sure you could use a straight rod and still have the mic out of the way.

Audix makes a similar product for the D-series mics, called the "D-vice" which is sold at Guitar Center stores. It includes a flexible shaft instead of the standard 3/8" rod, allowing you to position the mic anywhere you want. Of course, I assume the mic end of the D-vice only accepts the D-series mics or others with the same shaft diameter. Dunno.

Edited By Bongo Boy on Mar. 16 2002 at 11:22
Bongo Boy

Return to CongaSet and accessories