Timbas Del Valle Requinto & Conga

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Timbas Del Valle Requinto & Conga

Postby PRDRconguero » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:10 am

I just picked up a Timbas Del Valle Requinto and Conga. They sound fantastic. The requinto has his sticker on the inside.

The original seller told me that these were actually made for use in the movie "Dirty Dancing 2 - Havana Nights", and supposedly made to resemble old cuban drums....perhaps explains the black hardware? I found a still and you can see a requinto and conga in the background. The seller told me he got a hold of them afterwards and sent them to Cali to be fixed up a few years back.

The movie part of the story is cool I guess but the drums sound great, the price was right, and the seller was good people. Papo's work is good, no?

PRDRconguero

Re: Timbas Del Valle Requinto & Conga

Postby ABAKUA » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:12 am

Awesome drums. 8)

However, I dont think they are the same ones as the movie, if you look closely you will notice that the band is immediately below the side plate, next to no gap.
Based on that observation Id say they are not the drums from the movie. Unless of course Cali moved the bands... unlikely, but possible...

Either way, congrats on the purchase. I love the look of old school, traditional style drums.
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby PRDRconguero » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:02 pm

I did not notice that Abakua, thanks. I'll have to ask him that when I bring them in.
PRDRconguero

Postby Mr. Conga » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:27 am

PRDR CONGA BRO I LOVE TO SEE SOME CONGAS FROM PUERTO RICO, ALWAYS WONDERED HOW TIMBAS DEL VALLE LOOK , THE MAKER TOLD ME THEY ARE TOP OF THE LINE WHEN IT COMES TO RAW CONGA LOOK, AND SOUND.
THEY ALSO MAKE BARRILES WHICH I WANNA SEE.

BUT THE REQUINTO HAS NO BUTTIE :lol: NO BELLIE, I WISH IT DID..
HOW IS THE SOUND HOPEFULLY YOU CAN MAKE A VIDEO PLAYING THEM..

CAN YOU PM OR POST HOW MUCH YOU PAID FOR THOSE SABROSAS.
THANKS!
Mr. Conga

Postby pupito » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:20 am

Thanks to PRDRConguero I'm now the proud owner . About the missing band, it's possible it was removed cause the shadow of band is visible just below the plates. wonder why never replaced. They still sound good
pupito

Return to CongaSet and accessories