My new Cuban Congas - Solid shell, custom made.

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Re: My new Cuban Congas - Solid shell, custom made.

Postby s'chopp » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:39 pm

Quality congas, looking forward to the vidya :P Does the 7th lug give much improvement in tuning/playing?
s'chopp

Postby seisporocho1 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:27 am

Abakua, those drums look amazing. Seems like they probably are some of the best drums out there. How do you compare their sound to the Ritmo drums? Is there a comparison?! Thanks
Aiku,
6x8
seisporocho1

Postby ABAKUA » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:24 am

s'chopp wrote:Quality congas, looking forward to the vidya :P Does the 7th lug give much improvement in tuning/playing?

Hey S'chopp, the 7th lug helps for tuning accuracy as well as helping to bring the skins down more evenly as well as providing less stress on the drum with less tension required per lug. Also they have thick skins, all this taken into account with the 7th lug helps for an overall better drum. And traditionally speaking authentic original Cuban congas were made with more lugs than what we see today in the mass produced drums. I did want that element of tradition as well.

seisporocho1 wrote:Abakua, those drums look amazing. Seems like they probably are some of the best drums out there. How do you compare their sound to the Ritmo drums? Is there a comparison?! Thanks

Thankyou 6x8, Not sure if I would label them the best out there, dont think they are the best, but I am more than happy with them and love these drums, they are definate my favourite drums I have played.
Maybe if I had more Ritmo drums to compare them to it would help. I only have a requinto by Matthew so its not a fair comparison in sound. The Ritmo is a far better constructed drum overall though. They are however like children and I cannot seperate them to choose a favourite among them! :lol:
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby ABAKUA » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:38 am

some recent pics:

Added the LP rubber stoppers. 8)
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Previous

Return to CongaSet and accessories