Isla Percussion...

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Re: Isla Percussion...

Postby Jaisen Torres » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:00 am

I will continue to push for isla percussion , cant wait till he is back in the game. I would recommend his drums to any real musician , collector , or novice alike...
maybe if Mario had enough push then maybe he would resume his line , however who would wana deal with all the negative vibes ... you know once again I realy hope Mario gets back on his game cause I could really go for a set of 4 mahogany tumbadoras....
Jaisen.
Jaisen Torres

Postby Jaisen Torres » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:11 am

Last edited by Jaisen Torres on Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:56 am, edited 5 times in total.
Jaisen.
Jaisen Torres

Postby rhythmrhyme » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:11 am

Jaisen Torres wrote:I will continue to push for isla percussion , cant wait till he is back in the game. I would recommend his drums to any real musician , collector , or novice alike...
maybe if Mario had enough push then maybe he would resume his line , however who would wana deal with all the negative vibes ... you know once again I realy hope Mario gets back on his game cause I could really go for a set of 4 mahogany tumbadoras....

At the end of the day I completely agree with you and recognize that for my deal to ever be made right he needs to get back up and running. Supporting him is a completely valid proposition, but I also think it's important to keep the threads balanced so people new to him understand the risks at this point.

I've said many times that if he ever sets things straight with me I'll switch sides and become a supporter. Life is full of hardship and I understand he's had some bumps along the way.

Rhyme that Rhythm 8) (better handle bro? LOL)

RR
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana
rhythmrhyme

Postby Jaisen Torres » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:16 am

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Jaisen.
Jaisen Torres

Postby pcastag » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:05 am

New york is da bomb, no doubt, spent two weeks up there this summer from brooklyin to Harlem, saw robert glasper and pedrito rocking the house in marcus garvey park, but h-town has it's own thing too bro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KutXyPEEbQs
Straight out da nickel
And of course growing up in the bay area you know I gotta be a big fan of these boys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxVsQ4ujCs8
PC
pcastag

Postby Thebreeze » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:50 am

I think it's time for a little humor....

This is a true Mario story....

Several years ago when Mario ( Isla ) was down in Southern Cal, I had him ship me three steer hides. They arrived rolled up. As I was walking through the house with the package I noticed my Bulldog ( Ginger ) was following me very closely with a keen interest in the package. I decided to open the package out in the yard and that's when I noticed that Mario had not let the hides dry thouroughly so that there was some mold issues and the hides had an odor to them. ( No wonder my dog had such a keen interest! ). Anyway, I called Mario and let him know and he apologized for rushing them still wet. He sent me three more, nice and dry. At least I became aware of the keen sense of smell that dogs have.
Thebreeze

Postby Jaisen Torres » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:55 am

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Jaisen.
Jaisen Torres

Postby vinnieL » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:14 pm

Mario made his bed now he must lay in it. Some people were happy with what they got many were not I was not satisfied and had to spend money fixing his work. He failed to make things right for many people. Enough said. As far as others on the forum that were blocked well they made their bed as well
vinnieL

Postby ChaCha » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:52 pm

Hey, What talking about? Didn't anyone learn from my post of thread "Isla's Nightmare"? :(
I recommend all of friends stopping discussions about Isla. If new one be attracted to Isla, who takes responsibility? :?
Bad construction is not so bad, the worst, does't ship any instruments, like my story. :cry:
I don't want to listen people suffering with este mar**one any more. :D thanks
ChaCha

Postby RitmoBoricua » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:15 am

ChaCha wrote:Hey, What talking about? Didn't anyone learn from my post of thread "Isla's Nightmare"? :(
I recommend all of friends stopping discussions about Isla. If new one be attracted to Isla, who takes responsibility? :?
Bad construction is not so bad, the worst, does't ship any instruments, like my story. :cry:
I don't want to listen people suffering with este mar**one any more. :D thanks

Let stand on no ceremony here Cha Cha this post sounds like it was written
by a self proclaimed know all hot head we had around here. :shock:
RitmoBoricua

Postby ChaCha » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:27 am

Hi RitmoBoricua,
I understand my post may be out of this thread, but, the restart of Isla, contact with him, new locate...
such things aren't important. Please recognize...he is a criminal. I thought he disappeared absolutely.
So that I was going to abandon my money. Bat now what? Restart..? No me da ca**jo! Que p**ga este coj**e!
Then, I want to ask all of his customer, don't you mind anything with his crime if you aren't a victim?
Perhaps I am only one who became a victim of actual crime(not the quality of drums), so my subject may be ignored..

If believers of this brand allow even crimes, I can't say anything...
ChaCha

Postby RitmoBoricua » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:37 am

Cha Cha,

Sorry to hear. Sounds to me that in a way you are trying to put
blame on this forum for Isla's actions. One thing for sure most of
us around here don't have anything to do with Isla and from time
to time people post about Isla, like you just did, we can't control
that. If you think Isla committed crimes contact the proper
authorities with your complaints not us here we can't do jack,
and we are not responsible for Isla's actions nor can we stop
people posting about Isla. Good Luck, Take Care.
RitmoBoricua

Postby rhythmrhyme » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:04 pm

Hey Cha Cha,

Sorry to hear that Mario still hasn't sent you any drums. I agree with your assessment of the situation and that a crime has been committed. In my case I would have gone a small claims court route if Mario was in my country, but this is very complicated to initiated across national borders. I'm not sure about fraud or criminal charges though, it's definitely worth looking in to.

I think the intention of Cha Cha's post is to ask how others can continue supporting this drum maker with the knowledge that he has delivered poor products and possibly defrauded some people out of full payment for their instruments. It's a question I've asked many times, and as stated previously, in terms of this board, Mario has friends here who are still having a hard time believing what he's done. It is what it is, people are people. At the same time, I continue to believe that people like Cha Cha and myself need to continue posting here to maintain balance to the threads.
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana
rhythmrhyme

Postby Tuco » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:18 am

Isla set for sale over here: http://goo.gl/GbjdOh
Tuco

Previous

Return to CongaSet and accessories