Isla Percussion...

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Re: Isla Percussion...

Postby Jaisen Torres » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:54 am

Anyone ??? I got all types of good shhhh. for trade .
What's the deal ... :lol:
Jaisen.
Jaisen Torres

Postby quintadrum » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:04 am

Actually I have a set. And I love them,
quintadrum

Postby AlexV » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:36 pm

Wish I had 3.
Attachments
image.jpg
AlexV

Postby Jaisen Torres » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:38 am

very nice are you selling these ?
Jaisen.
Jaisen Torres

Postby SpEd » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:37 pm

Sorry for the hijack Jaisen... consider it a friendly bump, as my drums are NOT for sale.

Nice set of drums there AlexV... I obviously like the 4 band look of the mahogany Islas, & I wish I had a third as well.
I see you're in Chitown... maybe we should arrange a "Play Date" for our babies!
SpEd

Postby Jaisen Torres » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:03 am

sped & alex , thanks for the response. you both have nice sets enjoy fellas . :mrgreen:
now one thing I did want to mention is its funny how many people kicked my mans back in talking mad shit about him , his drums , etc , etc...
however notice how nobody wana sell the drums they complained about , I DONT UNDERSTAND , BUT TO ME ITS SOMETHING LIGHT... :wink:
in all reality I got more drums then these cats can imagine . its entertaining in a funny way... no lack of respect to any forum members in particular
cause I never entertained that that thread much, but for those of you who know this applies to you , you know who you are....
and for the record , Mario is my man , cool dude , in fact the minute he gets back on board im a have him put a bad set of drums together for me.
like I said , it aint nothing....
Jaisen.
Jaisen Torres

Postby Thebreeze » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:51 pm

I just read the previous post on this thread and can see that people can get very upset when getting blind sided. I say blind sided because it's true, rhythmrhyme was not being addressed in any of the prior posts that I can see and by now, we should know that if you are going to do that you will probably get a negative responce back . I read RR's post and it is full of insults to say the least toward Jaisen. I remember that RR has a bitterness towards the Isla Percussion owner from the past where he had a bad experience but that's no reason to add his post towards someone else who was not even addressing him. rhythmrhyme....if you can't say anything good, don't say anything at all. I know Jaisen's language was Harsh, but I think you asked for it.
Thebreeze

Postby pcastag » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:25 am

Most the people that I've heard talk about the islas never complained about the sound. Everyone says they sound awesome. Some of the folks weren't happy with the rough construction, and a few say Mario jacked em for some dough. All I know is I would love to have me some honduran mahogany drums, best sounding drum I ever played on was a matt smith honduran and a sonoc caoba quinto. Something about the caribbean tropical mahogany just works right for congas.
PC
pcastag

Postby Garvin » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:42 am

I just bought a set of Isla Bata from a guy on craigslist. I'm looking forward to hearing them. He was really good about letting me know what was "wrong" with them. Sounds like some odd bearing edge issues, which I can fix, and a cosmetic hairline crack on the okonkolo. All in all, the price was right and I trust what I've heard. I would never order anything from the guy directly, but have heard nothing but good things about the instruments themselves.

On a side note, every single Isla thread seems to cause inevitable drama, which is entertaining but exhausting.
Garvin

Postby TONE74 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:55 am

This set was made in 07 been playing them on the regular still no problems and hell no I ain't selling them. Lmao
Attachments
image.jpg
TONE74

Postby Jaisen Torres » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:01 am

nice set tone , however im not huge fan of the canoe wood drums, like pc im in the mood for some mahogany joints. but anyway good for you , im glad your set has held up & got you loing them , that's cool . ejnoy
Jaisen.
Jaisen Torres

Postby TONE74 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:04 am

Another pic with a classic in the back that I got off craigslist for 70 dollars back in 07 also. Yea man I'm really happy with these drums...
Attachments
image.jpg
TONE74

Postby pcastag » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:31 am

Jaisen Torres wrote:nice set tone , however im not huge fan of the canoe wood drums, like pc im in the mood for some mahogany joints. but anyway good for you , im glad your set has held up & got you loing them , that's cool . ejnoy

Yeah bro, that mahogany is da bomb!!!! Next time I go to la habana for sure I'm bringing back some caoba.
PC
pcastag

Postby Jaisen Torres » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:31 am

Jaisen.
Jaisen Torres

Postby Thebreeze » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:31 pm

Jaisen....Would that be called a " RUMBA ACAPELLA?" it sounds great hearing it without drums. I think It would have had a great impact if drums would have come in at about the last minute or so.
Thebreeze

PreviousNext

Return to CongaSet and accessories