Mopercs

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Re: Mopercs

Postby Derbeno » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:54 am

Kaban wrote:Please look. Does anyone got any Mahogany congas in the Chicago land area?

I got a Tumba/Quinto set of Custom Cubano if you are interested. Will ship from San Diego
Echale candela, p'afinar los cueros
Derbeno

Postby Kaban » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:45 pm

ABAKUA wrote:Today Michel has posted images of his new Brazilian Mahogany custom set, fresh out of the Moperc laboratories.

Hey guys, I finally tracked down Michel to ask him about the above picture, he stated "Yes they are my two mahogany congas!! I have this set and an old one from 1993 set of three. My private collection."

...what a tease. :wink:
Kaban

Postby Congadin » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:43 pm

Kaban wrote:
ABAKUA wrote:Today Michel has posted images of his new Brazilian Mahogany custom set, fresh out of the Moperc laboratories.

Can you please give me the link, I couldn't find it. I don't understand why he would tell something and turn around to do something else. He seems to be a good guy, there is something off.

The drums are from the older, now-defunct "Groove Series". They are indeed from Michel's private collection, as you've found out.
Congadin

Postby Ebongo » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:15 pm

New 13.25" Moperc Tumba (salsaclub, sunrise color) arrived today. Awesome! Michel sent it out on tuesday but yesterday's snow storm delayed it. But today it is clear skies, and the tumba's sunrise color beside the window is nice, and the fantastic sounds with the perfect skin thickness. Very excellent drum. Awww yeaah! :D
Last edited by Ebongo on Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ebongo

Postby Ebongo » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:25 pm

:D ooo yaah
Last edited by Ebongo on Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ebongo

Postby Kaban » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:12 pm

Now......that's heavy duty! Who's roof you planing on blowing up? Boom!!!
Kaban

Postby Ebongo » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:06 pm

Funny that my gigbag has backpack straps, considering the weightiness of the tumba. I'll use a small handtruck instead. My old manual metronome (from '80s) won't tick tock anymore. Maybe look into a dr.Beats
Ebongo

Postby tae » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:37 am

pc,

How does the maple one compare to the ash one? I know they are different sizes, but maybe you have an opinion on them considering the size differences in density, weight, sound, etc.

cheers,
Tae
tae

Previous

Return to CongaSet and accessories