A performance with my conga

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

A performance with my conga

Postby Tristian » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:11 pm

Hi there folks! Haven't posted in a while, because for some odd reason I couldn't log into my account, but it works again. Last year was a great year of high school for me. I finally persuaded Mr. Riler to unchain me from the piano in the jazz band, and let me play the congas in a tune. So, in Caravan, I played both. But right now, I have a performance for you guys. This one is from this year's talent show, which happened about the same time last year, and I also gave you guys a recording of that. If you need it again, I can repost the link. Well, this one features two friends on guitar and drums. I played my Rhythm Traders 10" requinto with Mr. Riler's two black fiberglass congas, 10" and 11". How did I know they are black? Somebody told me. I also played the timbales, which I am going to say I didn't do as well on. I'm still learning. And then I switch over to the piano to finish out the song. Enjoy it. I especially love how the congas sounded in the gym miced up.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/844 ... Enough.mp3
Let me know if the link doesn't work. I will try to fix it the best I can.
Tristian

Re: A performance with my conga

Postby torpedo tom » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:53 pm

Not workin'!
torpedo tom

Postby KING CONGA » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:14 pm

Not working :( :x
KING CONGA

Postby Tristian » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:35 am

Gosh dang it! I'm sorry guys. I hate technology. Here is a new link.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/883shxltlfgp ... Enough.mp3
I tested it out myself with my Firefox. You have to click on it, and it will bring you to a web page. Then, at the bottom there should be a download link. I hit enter on it, and it was going to download the file if I let it. I hope this one works for you guys. I'll post some stuff from the jazz band and me with the conga later. Thanks for letting me know.
Tristian

Postby torpedo tom » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:27 pm

Enjoyed it. Nice playing and not boring like so many solos. How about a video next time?
torpedo tom

Postby Tristian » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:30 am

Thank you. I was trying to get somebody to video the performance for me, but it didn't happen. I'll see if I can get a video of one next time. Here is a compilation of the same song played by the high school's jazz band in various places. I play piano, conga, and piano and conga together sometimes.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/844 ... mances.mp3
Everything including the link above was recorded by me using the Olympus Ls7 with my Sound Professionals stereo mics.
Tristian

Return to CongaSet and accessories