I need hardware for 9 and 3/4" requinto

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

I need hardware for 9 and 3/4" requinto

Postby Mr.Rumba » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:58 pm

I need a complete set of hardware for a 9 and 3/4" Cuban solid shell requinto. If any one has any they would like to sell, or any ideas where to get a set reasonably priced in a short period of time please let me know. I know various drum makers can make it for me but trying to find some used stuff so I do not have to wait a year. Thanks!
Mr.Rumba

Re: I need hardware for 9 and 3/4" requinto

Postby KING CONGA » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:04 am

Have you considered Peter from PM Percussion? Don't you live reasonably close to him? I would think that it would be your best bet.
Keep in mind that even if you do find some used hardware that there is that slight chance that you might have problems with actual size.
Anyway, best of luck.
I, as well as others here, would love to see a picture of all of your drums together.
By the way, do you own any vintage drums other than your cuban bongos?
Thanks.
K.C.
KING CONGA

Re: I need hardware for 9 and 3/4" requinto

Postby Mr.Rumba » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:58 am

KING CONGA wrote:Have you considered Peter from PM Percussion? Don't you live reasonably close to him? I would think that it would be your best bet.
Keep in mind that even if you do find some used hardware that there is that slight chance that you might have problems with actual size.
Anyway, best of luck.
I, as well as others here, would love to see a picture of all of your drums together.
By the way, do you own any vintage drums other than your cuban bongos?
Thanks.
K.C.

Yes, Peter is close by and I am driving up there this week. However, he is pretty swamped with drum orders and not sure how long it would take to get new hardware. Also high end stuff is not cheap. I was anxious to get this drum up and running soon :) That's why i was just checking to see if anyone here had some pieces left over from somewhere. As far as vintage conga drums, I own Timbas Ismael, old school Valjes, Gon Bops and LP's which I have had since the 70's. Some of my drums are in various parts of the country as well as other countries I travel to often.
Mr.Rumba

Return to CongaSet and accessories