Video Recorder

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Video Recorder

Postby Marcus » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:28 pm

Hey Members,

I am going to be needing a video/audio recorder for a series of classes I will be taking from Johnny Conga early spring 2014. Need good sound reproduction and lots of memory so I do not have to futz-futz with the unit during class. Up to 6 hours of recording time--might be a lot I know. Want to keep this around $500 or a bit more.

Will be starting my research with a cuba libre, a laptop and amazon this Friday night.

Any suggestions are truely appreciated.

thx, marcus
Marcus

Re: Video Recorder

Postby Kaban » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:18 pm

Marcus,

Congrats on taking lessons with JC, I have become ALOT stronger in my fundamentals since I started taking lessons from him. I recently found some software/app for recording Skype; to start using in my upcoming lessons with JC. I am still shopping around, and haven't decide on which one to get, but it is a lot cheaper ($50) and practical. Let me know if you find a winner.

Godspeed,
Kaban
Kaban

Postby Derbeno » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:59 am

Zoom H4n

I have had Zoom H4n for about 4 years, my trusted companion for all sorts of situations. No regrets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrHCE8kWV2w
Echale candela, p'afinar los cueros
Derbeno

Postby Marcus » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:11 pm

Hey Kaban,

I have wanted to hear a "review" on the Skype classes, sounds like they are working very well for you. Right now not set up for that but I know it is most direct and thanks for the advice--will do in the future. The intensive class with JC fits in to an existing trip to Florida and I am really looking forward to that experience. I think we will get the most out of it. JC says that after 3-days and recording all, it will take 5-6 months to go through all the material and become comfortable. I think that Skype classes will come in very handy about the 3rd month. And recording that class and getting the camcorder is an investment but also sets us up for other venues, other lessons and such. I think I can get the entire package, camcorder, memory chips and other needed accessories for well under 500. But, all my other friends have boats and Harley’s and our investment is indeed much less than those activities.

thx, marcus
htOhOhHtOhtOhHtO
Marcus

Postby Kaban » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:18 am

Marcus,

I have posted a few times after my lesson with JC, you can find them in the teacher section of the forum. Here is one of them:

"I could recap my recent lesson, like I have in the past, but I haven't recived enough feed back by people who are curious as to what goes on in a lesson that is 1 hour and 30-45 minutes long. I wanted to highlight/bring to light, just how great JC responds when you question him on "why are we practicing so and so/ listening to /studing so and so"...he always give me an imformative answer. I have taken a couple blocks of lessons from him, so I believe I can tell you what to expect. Expect, under JC direction (lessons), to build up a strong foundation, to be gently pushed, learn rhythms, and be educated on latin music/drum history."

Kaban
Kaban

Return to CongaSet and accessories