Value for a used Toca Traditonal Conga?

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Value for a used Toca Traditonal Conga?

Postby slinginit » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:24 pm

I have a Toca Traditional Conga with a hide head, 11 3/4", with 5 lugs, all brushed steel hardware. The hardware alone is a cut above anything I've seen on many congas. It has a blonde oak finish as per all the congas in the Traditional series. It's a solid drum overall with just a few nicks and chips - nothing that is glaring or obvious to detract from the look. It's not "like new" but it's definitely better than "good" condition. Head is in excellent shape. Estimate 8.5-9 out of 10 (just b/c of the nicks). MSRP new from Toca is $492 just for this drum; I've seen new ones on ebay for $355.

Fact is I just don't play it like I thought I would and after coming off a house move, I need to take an honest look at all my stuff and purge. My question is what is a fair value/price for a used conga of this series in VG shape? It's also heavy so I don't know about shipping it.

Thanks!
slinginit

Re: Value for a used Toca Traditonal Conga?

Postby Tumbas » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:16 am

X8 has them new starting at $259.

I like them and intend on getting a set... new.
Tumbas

Postby maelopr » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:12 pm

5 lugs means your drum is actually an 11" quinto... as these run around $250:-)-300 new, I wouldn't askfor more than $175. Just my 2¢.. :-)
¡ ECUA JEY !
maelopr

Postby slinginit » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:52 pm

Ooops! Thanks, maelopr! I had to measure it again. That's what I was thinking w/regard to value. I would include a set of 4 rubber feet with the drum.
slinginit

Return to CongaSet and accessories