REQUINTOS Giovanni Requinto (9.75 inch)

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

REQUINTOS Giovanni Requinto (9.75 inch)

Postby studio7conga » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:56 am

Added an LP Galaxy Giovanni Requinto to my set of 2 LP Classics. Really happy with it so far, and I've only put probably 6-8 hours on it. I recently put some Manito heads on my Classics, and I dig the "dry" sound. With a drum like the new requinto, I'm wondering if I should break in the buffalo head for a while and see if the sound dries out a bit or go ahead and get a skin from Manito right off the bat. Anyone have experience with the requinto or putting a head other than the stock buffalo on it? Talk to me about your requintos in general.
Later,
studio7conga
studio7conga

Re: REQUINTOS Giovanni Requinto (9.75 inch)

Postby studio7conga » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:16 pm

Nobody has experience tuning or breaking in requintos? Looking forward to hearing!
studio7conga

Postby Mike » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:20 pm

Breaking in skins always requires some time, lasting from a couple of week to several years,
regardless if the cueros are water buffalo, cow or mule.

If I were you, I´d give that LP Requinto some time.
That said, a quality skin such as a nice steer skin by Manito will tremendously improve the sound...
Last edited by Mike on Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace & drum
Mike

Postby studio7conga » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:44 pm

Thanks. Yeah it is sounding better even after 16 or so playing hours. I think I will go ahead and order a skin from Ryan though.
studio7conga

Return to CongaSet and accessories