recently purchased LP classics

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

recently purchased LP classics

Postby drum2beat » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:57 pm

Hi fellow congueros,

I am playing percussion with a 15 piece showband out of Boston and recently bought some LP classics. They were on Craigslist for a while and decided to bite, I feel I got a pretty good deal, but any input from the board would be cool. This was the package:

Lp Classic 1999-2000
quinto 11.06”
conga 11.75”
tumba 12.50”

Stands with wheels:
1 triple with mounts
1 dbl

Generation II bongos + case

LP cases for congas - soft curdora (pretty good protection) any recommendations for a hardshell case??

I love them and they look great. They were well taken care of and really don't look like they played out much at all. They do have the gold hardware, which I know some of you do not favor, but for the show band they do add some dazzle!

was asking 1400, paid 1100 usd

now if I can figure out how to add photos...
drum2beat

Re: recently purchased LP classics

Postby vinnieL » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:21 am

LP generation II bongos: $279.00 new. LP Classics about 459.00 and up each give or take. Plus bags and stands. You probably got close to $2,000 worth of gear for 1100. The stands are not cheap they would probably still cost you about $300.00 for the stands. I think you did good. For me I don't use stands so if I were to buy this set I would not have gotten as good a deal because stands are useless to me.
vinnieL

Postby drum2beat » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:44 pm

Thanks vinnieL, agreed with the stands, plus they weigh as much as my car :!: are there other stands on the market that let the drums play like they do when seated naturally? I do notice the tone change when placed on the stands...
drum2beat

Postby vinnieL » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:28 pm

There will always be a tone change when on the ground vs. in a stand so your tuning will change and you would have to adjust accordingly.
vinnieL

Postby vinnieL » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:31 pm

BUT your got a good deal just the congas,bongo,bags alone were well worth it. I actually thought about it some more and If I had the money handy I would have jumped all over this deal as well. I really like the LP classics.
vinnieL

Return to CongaSet and accessories